CNC Supra Mill 9 x 49 w/CVS control: $11,623.00
Easy to learn and operate. It’s your classic vertical knee milling machine with CNC technology. All Cast Iron. Full three axis interpolated movement with computer variable spindle control. Max travel of 34” x 11.5” on the X and Y. Z axis is quill driven for accuracy. Manual/conventional control as well as CNC control.
CNC Supra Mill 10 x54 w/CVS control: $13,722.00
Easy to learn and operate. It’s your classic vertical knee milling machine with CNC technology on a 10” x 54” table. Max travels of 35.5” x 15.5” on the X and Y. Z axis is quill driven for accuracy. All Cast Iron. Full three axis interpolated movement with computer variable spindle control. Manual/conventional control as well as CNC control.
Check out the Master MX to drive your CNC Supra Mill:
- Small companies: Why pay thousands for outsourcing when you can machine your own parts at a fraction of the cost?
- Large companies: Why pay thousands for a CNC vertical milling machine that comes with unnecessary features when durability and performance are the real concern?
For engineers looking for an economical way to prototype mechanical designs, or CNC machinists needing a high-powered, tough, and precise CNC Knee Mill to mass-produce a single part, the CNC SUPRA Vertical Knee Mill is the solution. Manufacturers needing custom parts will find the CNC SUPRA Vertical Knee Mill to be a cost-effective solution that will improve productivity by saving tool path programs that can be reused multiple times.
The CNC SUPRA Vertical Mill is a versatile machine that can be used for product development, engraving, and teaching applications for vocation schools or science labs. By using this milling machine, any user can create simple and complex parts with ease.
The SUPRA is truly a unique knee mill. Designed to grant the operator manual access to the machining process while also providing high-quality CNC vertical mill technology for any user, the SUPRA CNC Vertical Mill can make any shop more productive. The easy-to-learn controls grant access to any level of operator and the simple setup process means that the SUPRA can be operational the same day it arrives at your shop. When coupled with the competitive prices of CNC Masters, it comes as no surprise that the CNC SUPRA has become a popular cnc knee mill for machine shops all around the country.
As with all of CNC Masters’ products, the CNC SUPRA Vertical Milling Machine is built here in the United States with only the best domestic and international parts. Our high-quality parts are the reason behind the SUPRA’s superior dependability, which in turn lowers costs for shop owners. All CNC Masters vertical mill controllers adhere to our strict standard and are all made in-house. Finally, since we build our own products, CNC Masters also handles customer support; we will never direct customers to a third party.
To ensure that our customers receive the best service we have to offer, we ask that any questions or concerns be sent to us immediately. While CNC Masters completely backs the CNC SUPRA Vertical Knee Mill, we understand that our customers may wish to discuss our products with us. Contact us at any time so we can help.
If you require financing, we offer financing solutions to help our customers who need the product right now. Use the simple, web-based form to apply or contact us for more information.
See our testimonials for great pictures of our products in action from our satisfied customers.
EVERY CNC SUPRA VERTICAL KNEE MILL IS HAND-TESTED FOR QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE BEFORE LEAVING OUR MANUFACTURING FACILITY IN IRWINDALE, CA.
Both novice and experienced engineers and CNC machinists are excited about the CNC SUPRA knee mill and for good reason. Take greater control over your business, whether it is development or fast and reliable production of parts and products key to your operation.
The CNC SUPRA vertical mill was designed for the practical user in mind. Flexibility, ease of use, and a quick learning curve makes this model a must have for both large and small business operations. Smaller companies no longer have to consider outsourcing their valuable and proprietary products and parts, while large firms can focus on using their equipment as efficiently as possible when they employ the CNC SUPRA Vertical Knee Mill on a regular basis.
The CNC SUPRA Milling Machine has been used for product development, engraving and even as a valuable teaching application for vocational schools and science labs. This versatility keeps this machine in high demand; many shops find their productivity soars when they install and use this incredible piece of machinery on a regular basis. Knowing that all CNC SUPRA Vertical Mills are fully tested and approved before being shipped to our growing list of satisfied customers makes certain that you are off and running with as little delay as possible.
Since all CNC Masters machines are made in America, it is logical that we also provide a top-flight, reliable customer support system to work directly with each client. You never have to wonder if you are talking to someone with little or no idea of our product line; all technicians ready to serve you are completely knowledgeable about all of our equipment and we encourage any and all questions from our user base.
Finally, keep in mind that at CNC Masters, we are also ready to assist you in financing your CNC products. This allows you to get a quick delivery and installation of your CNC SUPRA Knee Mill and get you up and running in as little time as possible.
Contact CNC Masters today and see your profits rise!
Return to Top
The CNC SUPRA Vertical Mill (9x49) or (10x54) Specifications
|Model||CNC SUPRA 9x49 Knee Mill||CNC SUPRA 10x54 Knee Mill|
|Table Size||9" x 49"||10" x 54"|
|Table T-slot size||5/8" x 3"||5/8" x 3"|
|Longitudinal X Travel||34"||35.5"|
|Forward/Back Cross Y Travel||11.5"||15.5"|
|Quill Z Travel||4.5"||4.5"|
|Vertical Mill Travel Knee Lift Up/Down||16"||18"|
|Head Swivel RH/LH||90°/90°||90°/90°|
|Head Tilting F/B||45°/45°||45°/45°|
|Computer Connection to Control Unit||USB Port, Windows 10 PC 64 bit||USB Port, Windows 10 PC 64 bit|
|Ram Turret Swivel||360°||360°|
|Power||220-240VAC 1Ø||220-240VAC 1Ø|
|Spindle Motor||3 HP Variable Speed or 2 HP, 8 Speeds||3 HP Variable Speed|
|Spindle Speeds Type||Step Pulley||Step Pulley|
|Spindle Speeds (RPM)||Up to 5600 with Variable Spindle Speed Computer Control including on/off 90-2800 for 8 speeds||Up to 5600 with Variable Spindle Speed Computer Control including on/off|
|Max Rapid on X Y Z||100 IPM (2540 mm/m)||100 IPM (2540 mm/m)|
|X Y Z W Stepper Motors||NEMA 34, Bi-Polar, 1760 oz-in of torque for X and Y; 1200 oz-in of torque for Z/W||NEMA 34, Bi-Polar, 1760 oz-in of torque for X and Y; 1200 oz-in of torque for Z/W|
|Vertical Knee Mill Machine Height||86" (65" with head upside down)||89" (68" with head upside down)|
|Physical Floor Space||62.5"(1587.5mm) x 57"(1447.8mm)||67.5"(1714.5mm) x 65"(1651mm)|
|Vertical Mill Max Movement Area|
X + Ram Max Travel Area
|97"(2463.8mm) x 68.5"(1739.9mm)||104" (2641.6mm) x83"(2108.6mm)|
|Weight||2600 lbs.||3600 lbs.|
Knee Mill Machine Power Requirements
|CNC SUPRA Vertical CNC Mill|
|110VAC dedicated circuit with a NEMA 5-15R|
|220 to 240 VAC, single or three phase with ground @ 15 amp service required|
|CNC SUPRA Knee Mill Computer Variable Spindle Control|
|110VAC dedicated circuit with a NEMA 5-15R|
|208, 220 to 240VAC, single phase with ground @15 amp service circuit with a NEMA 6-15R required.|
CNC SUPRA Mill Tolerances
|Accuracy||+/- 0.003" (or 0.0762 mm)|
|Repeatability||within 0.0005" (or 0.0127 mm)|
|Resolution||0.0002" (or 0.006 mm)|
CNC SUPRA Vertical Knee Mill Features
- The SUPRA Vertical Mill is designed to work with your Windows 10 64 bit operating systems through your standard USB port.
- Powerful X, Y, and Z-axis micro-stepper motors NEMA size 34 with 1760 oz-in of torque on the X/Y and 1200 oz-in of torque on the Z. Stronger torque coupled with micro-stepping motion keeps the CNC Supra from losing steps and performs as accurate as a servo system.
- The minimum possible motion for the SUPRA Vertical Knee Mill is 0.0002” with a minimum speed of 0.05” per minute. The maximum speed is 100” per minute on your Rapid Settings with ramp down effect to keep the machine from jerking.
- X & Y Zero Backlash Ball Screws with pre-loaded ball nuts to eliminate play on the table travel, and give precision machining
- X & Y Direct Drives–no belts to adjust. This results in smoother operations and ensures accuracy unlike bipolar, pulley and belt, drive methods which can cause the belt to buckle causing inaccurate results. This unique design of direct drive keeps you without having the need to change the belt or adjust as it wears down.
- Quill Driven which is better than a knee driven Z axis, this maintains rigidity of the knee while the part is being machined on three axis simultaneous movement.
- Z Axis Zero Backlash Ball Screw with pre-loaded ball nut to eliminate play on the up and down travel of the Quill.
- Home Reference Sensors on the X, Y, Z which saves your home/zero position as the first line of your program. This feature allows you to quickly return to the home position on any program without having to manually zero your three axes again.
- Full 3 Axis or optional 4 Axis coordinated motion control. True Interpolation.
- Limit Switches on all extreme ends of X, Y, Z travel allowing you to confidently test your program without having to worry about an axis crashing at its end of travel.
- Tool Height Compensation with Automatic Quill Retraction for easy tool change
- Tool Cutter Radius Offset Compensation
- Run your tool path from any line on your program
- Easy to Use Jogging Features, Feed Control, and Feed Over Ride on the fly
- Use Teach Mode Jog-Input Command to automatically write each line of your tool path as you manually jog each axis by pc mouse, keyboard, or the optional hand held remote control joystick to save as a program for repeat use.
- Software Power Feed capabilities on X, Y, Z, and W with one click of the PC mouse for exact relative driving distance.
- Pre-engineered for you when it comes to pitch and resolution. No tuning or calibration needed at setup. No additional parameters set-up required. Display resolution is 0.0001 micro-stepping travel. Just start using your machine.
- Run programs from popular CAD-CAM software that produce standard FANUC type G-Codes to machine or engrave intricate and detailed parts at your command
- Digital Read Out Display of your X, Y, Z, (and optional W) counters on your computer screen in INCHES or MILLIMETERS using your PC mouse, keyboard, or our optional Hand Held Remote Control.
- Use simple conversational language and the use of wizards to easily build a file of commands such as peck drilling or slot making applications to machine simple parts without needing to learn or use a CAD-CAM program
- Computer Controlled Variable Spindle Speed to raise or lower the RPM on the fly. (Runs on single phase 240 vac.)
- Hand-Wheels on each axis for manual option machining with “motor disengage” feature to retain computer spindle speed control for the cnc mill
- Add other options such as Rigid Tapping Control, 4th Axis, Digital Probe, Hand Pendant Control, Coolant Control, Quick Change Tools, and Computer with Arm from our line of accessories.
- Easy user-friendly setup for any beginner or experienced machinist. Easy to learn and operate. See our testimonials.
- Comes with front and rear way covers, built-in One-Shot Oiler to oil the mill’s ways.
- Backed by our CNC MASTERS ONE YEAR WARRANTY or extend it for two more years.
- Unlimited “Life-Long” Tech Support step-by-step trouble shooting and walk-through process by email or phone Monday-Friday during normal business hours, pacific time, for as long as your company owns the machine. (Nominal fee for second hand owners.)
- Easy to repair, replace parts, and maintain unlike costly servo systems which need to be serviced.
- Free Master MX Software Updates for original owners for as long as the hardware can support it.
The CNC SUPRA Vertical Knee Mill Additional Machine Features:
- Super Strong Column and Base – Meehanite Casting
- Low Maintenance Machine
- Large Chromed Diameter Quill
- Spindle Head is internally cooled
- High Precision Class 7 Spindle Bearings
- X, Y, Z Zero-Backlash Ball Screws with Pre-Loaded Ball Nuts
- X, Y, Size 34 Micro-Stepping Motors at 1760 in/oz of torque with Hand Wheels
- Z, Size 34 Micro-Stepping Motor at 1200 in/oz of torque with Hand Wheel
- Variable spindle speed computer controlled
- High grade cast iron frame
- Dovetail guide ways on the 9 x 49; Box guide ways on the 10 x 54
- Ground table t-slots
- Hardened & ground ways
- Hardened & ground table
- Tilting & rotating head
- Built-In Coolant Column Base (Computer Control Pump, Hose, and Flex Nozzle mounted to the side of quill–optional accessory)
- Built-In One-Shot Lube
MX Software IncludedTry out the new Master MX. The MX works exclusively with the CNC Masters MX Numerical Control Units now being built with our CNC milling and lathe machines. The MX software is included with your CNC Masters Machine. Click here to view list of Videos demonstrating the Master Software Easy Wizard Cycles for quick tool path creations such circle patterns and profiles, slots, rectangular pocketing, thread milling, rigid tapping (with optional encoder kit) and peck drilling applications.
- Import FANUC based G and M code programs from your CAM software. We also offer VisualCAD/CAM as an option which comes with a guaranteed post processor made for CNC Masters machinery.G00 = Position (Fast speed) G01 = Linear interpolation (Feed speed) G02 = Circular interpolation (CW) G03 = Circular Counter-clockwise interpolation (CCW) Format: X__Y__I__J__ I,J are relative distance from start to center. Z can be added for helical designs. G40 = Cancels G41 and/or G42 G41 = Tool Radius compensation left G42 = Tool Radius compensation right G70 = Input in inches G71 = Input in millimeters G73 = High-Speed Peck Drilling Cycle G81 = Drilling Cycle G82 = Counter Boring Cycle G80 = Cancel Cycle G83 = Deep Hole Peck Drilling Cycle G90 = Absolute move (Modal) G91 = Relative/Incremental move (Modal)M00 = Pause M03 = Spindle on M04 = Spindle on reverse M05 = Spindle off M08 = Coolant on M09 = Coolant off M30 = End program
- Don’t know G-codes? Use Conversational Commands from our Pick Menu and simply type in your coordinates or mix it in with G-code commands right in the Editor.ABSOLUTE INCREMENTAL SPINDLE ON SPINDLE OFF COOLANT ON COOLANT OFF MOVE RAPID FEED CWCIRCLE CCWCIRCLE CALL GO HOME DELAY PAUSE FEED HOLD /NOTES END
- View your tool path program in 2D or 3D in Simulation Mode.
- Use your touch screen monitor – desktop or laptop – Windows 10 – 64 bit operating systems to drive your CNC machine in pendant style.
- The MX is designed for PC use. Dedicate your PC or or order from us an All in One Touch Screen Computer with mounting arm for your machine.
- No additional hardware needed. Plugs in by simple USB connection. The CNC Masters MX Control Unit is built with direct USB connection. No internal port conversions or having to use other hard-to-locate platforms.
The MX supports…
- Tool Height Compensation up to 30 Tools within one program
- Tool Radius Offsets
- Feed Hold – step through each line in the program while opting to shut the spindle off and then resume program
- Pause in the middle of a program and step through one line at a time
- Coolant Control – optional
- Variable Spindle Control from 0 to max – optional
- Spindle Encoder for rigid tapping – optional
- Jog Feed/Teach Mode – create a program simply by jogging your axes
- Feed and Spindle Speed Over-Rides on the fly
- Relative exact movement positioning without writing a program — type in one movement and one-click your jog +/- arrow to drive that exact movement
- Start from another location other than 0.00 – just preset the new coordinates directly into the counters
- Press Go from another location in your program to drive your cutter
- Save your 0.00 position as well as a home offset position for future program runs
- Live Counter Display during computer numerical control movement without jumping ahead
- Displays and runs in either inches or millimeters
- 4th axis interpolation – simultaneous motion with the other axes – optional
- Rapids up to 100″/minute
- Trace Mode – Run one line independently at a time from beginning to end in your program to help you study the movement and establish your setup
- Editor Locked/Unlocked to easily write and edit your program and prevent accidental typing during a program run
- Displays Run Time
- Hot Keys – if your preference is to control your machine by keyboard such as the arrows, space bar, and letters simply open the Hot Keys command
- Run Sub-Routine programs using CALL for nesting applications or to mass produce the same part on a constant loop.
- Disable Motors — Easily disable motors to hand crank each axis. Re-engage the motors for cnc control in one click.