$1000 off the listed price of a Max Mill Order this Month! Mention Code: FEB1000!
CNC MAX DOVETAIL COLUMN TABLE TOP MILL 3 AXIS CONTROL W/MOTORS (115VAC) W/COMPUTER VARIABLE SPINDLE (2HP) CONTROL (220VAC, SINGLE PHASE), HANDWHEELS, X/Y/Z BALLSCREWS W/PRE-LOADED NUTS, HOMESWITCHES, ONE-SHOT OIL LUBE, MASTER MX OPERATING SOFTWARE, AND USER’S MANUAL.
CNC Masters presents the all new CNC MAX to our line of CNC mills. It is specifically designed for the machinist considering the CNC Baron Mill, but who needs higher spindle speed and longer Y axis travel. The value and compact nature of the CNC Baron Mill are enhanced with the added features of the CNC MAX. The CNC MAX Milling Machine is turn-key, easy to learn, and even easier to operate. Like the CNC Baron, the CNC MAX also has the durable cast iron body. The MAX is designed for more demanding users who are accustomed to machining on classic bridgeport type vertical knee milling machines but cannot afford to take up floor space. The MAX provides larger travels for larger parts without taking up floor space. It provides more advanced features that emphasize cutting precision and the ease of use.
- Full 3 Axis (4th optional) coordinated motion control on bipolar motors.
- [X=21.5″] x [Y=10.5″] of Travel.
- X Y Z ball screw driven for precision and accuracy on production runs.
- CNC Masters custom software is included for USB connection into your PC.
- 2 HP speed up to 4500 RPMs with 2 step pulley and belt combination.
- Head tilts for angled drilling, horizontal milling, slotting and more.
The CNC MAX is the first of its kind to have true ball screw accuracy in all THREE Axes for a table top cnc mill that you can ran full time forty hours a week. It is a work horse of a table top mill to produce your applications for the market.
The MAX CNC Mill is durable and precise with a cast-iron body, sliding dovetail ways, and tapered gibs on the square column for accuracy, repeatability, and alignment. Made for the user who needs it all, it is a versatile bench top mid-size CNC mill offering primary or secondary CNC machining applications.
Add rigid tapping control – no need for tapping heads attachments – to tap your series of holes after just running a multiple hole peck drilling operation.
Add a fourth axis to machine round stock and cylinder type application such as gears, fan blade, and splines.
Add probe control to scan and duplicate parts.
Add a hand held pendant to have control at the palm of your hand to drive the axes to drill a quick hole, machine a slot, or fine tune your zero position to your CNC MAX Mill.
The CNC MAX is a milling machine that has the performance of larger CNC mill models without taking up all that floor space, making it a great investment for large or small manufacturing plants, machine shops, research institutions, colleges, universities, high schools, and engineers that need to make their own parts instead of sub-contracting it to another shop. The CNC MAX Mill is proudly assembled here in the U.S.A., combining both imported and American-made parts to offer our clients the most competitive pricing in the industry while retaining quality. Every CNC mill is hand-tested for quality and performance before it leaves the manufacturing facility located in California, USA.
Is the CNC MAX Mill the best choice for your business? CNC mills are built for streamlined production purposes. They are computer-programmed, automated, and capable of creating large quantities of product in short periods of time and with minimal employee interaction. They can be set to fill a variety of needs with little effort, and they are ideal for a business with mass quantity distribution of precision-cut metals, such as steel or aluminum.
Designed for more demanding users, the MAX CNC Mill provides a number of advanced features that emphasize convenience and cutting precision. NEMA Size 34 Micro-Stepper Motors with 1200 inch/oz. of torque provides excellent rapid travel speeds of up to 100 inches per minute through our custom ramp up/down feature provided with every CNC MAX. Smooth, accurate and precision milling is made possible by a 2HP computer controlled motor that operates at up to 4500 RPM. Our CNC MASTERS MX SOFTWARE included with every machine is compatible Microsoft 10 PC. The MX SOFTWARE controls every aspect of the milling process from design edits to cutting speed. It can also work with FANUC style G-codes from imported CAM generated tool path programs.
CNC Masters knows you have several buying options. Milling equipment can be purchased new, used, or simply leased. Do you know how to choose the right milling machine for you? The best option may depend upon the projected project length and the company’s financial position. Leasing can be a great option for short production needs, but leasing an item is almost always more expensive than purchasing because of the interest and service charges. Ownership and tax breaks typically make buying business equipment more appealing; this is especially true when the property has a long and useful expected life such as our CNC mills. Purchasing a CNC mill in the early stages of a project saves company resources in the long term. It allows for better resource production planning based on market demands – without the worries and hassle of monthly overhead expenses.
Purchasing used CNC mills is also a viable option, but often times used equipment requires early onset maintenance, repairs, and outdated controllers which can offset any expected financial advantages. The benefits of purchasing a new CNC mill include quality assurance and pre-shipping inspection of the CNC Mill, a one-year hardware warranty against manufacturer defects, and direct phone or e-mail technical support for the life of the CNC machine with your company. For these reasons, CNC Masters presents the immediate value of a new CNC Mill.
Customer satisfaction is the number one priority at CNC Masters. Our USA based customer service support members are available to answer any technical or installation questions related to the CNC MAX Mill, its operational software or any of our products by phone or e-mail for as long as your company owns the product. The CNC MAX comes with a one year warranty. In addition to a one year warranty, our company provides comprehensive quality testing on all of our machines. If you have any questions, please contact us by phone or email.
Manufactured by: CNC Masters USA, California
Return to Top
CNC MAX® Machine Specifications
|Model||MAX CNC Mill|
|X Axis: Left/Right Table Travel||21.5″ (546 mm)|
|Y Axis: Front/Back Saddle Travel||10.5″ (266.7 mm)|
|Z Axis: Spindle Up/Down Travel||4.5″ (114.3 mm)|
|Maximum Distance from Spindle Nose to Table||18″ (450 mm)|
|Swivel Angle of Headstock at Perpendicular Direction||+/- 90 Degrees|
|Drilling Capacity||.75″ (19.05 mm)|
|Face Mill Capacity||3” (76.2 mm)|
|End Mill Capacity||.75″ (19.05mm)|
|Working Area of Table – Table Specs with T-Slots||31.5″ x 9.5″ (800 mm x 240 mm)|
|Spindle Taper||R8 Collet|
|Spindle Motor and Power – Computer Variable Spindle Control||2 HP; 220-240vac single phase|
|Spindle Speeds 2 Step Pulley to adjust for torque strength||60 HZ: 1680, 4500 RPMs |
50 HZ: 1360, 3640 RPMs
|Limit Switches on Opposite Ends of Travel||X Y Z|
|Max Rapid on X Y Z||150 IPM (3810 mm/m)|
|One-Shot Oil Pump||Lubricates Dovetail Ways, Tapered Gibs, and Quill|
|Machine Body and Head||Cast Iron|
|Computer Connection to Control Unit||USB Port, Windows 10 or 11 PC 64 bit|
|X Y Z W Stepper Motors||NEMA 34, Bi-Polar, 1200 oz-in of torque|
|Overall Length w/out X motor (left end of table to right end)||35.375” (898.525 mm)|
|Overall Width w/out controllers and Y motor (front to back of machine)||30.625″ (777.875 mm)|
|Overall Length (left end of table to right end of X motor handle)||42” (1067 mm)|
|Overall Width (back of machine with controllers to front end of Y motor handle)||44″ (1118 mm)|
|Machine Height (without machine stand)||42” (1060 mm)|
|Machine Stand Height||27.75” (704.85 mm)|
|Machine Stand Chip Pan||36.625” x 23.625” x 4.25” deep (930.275 mm x 676.275 mm x 107.95 mm deep)|
|Machine Base 4 Bolt Pattern to Stand||13” x 25” (330.2 mm x 635 mm)|
|Max Movement Area||62.5″ (1587.5 mm) x 44″ (1117.6 mm)|
Machine Power Requirements
|110VAC dedicated circuit with a NEMA 5-15R|
|220 to 240 VAC, single phase with ground @ 15 amp service required|
CNC MAX Machine Tolerances
|Accuracy||+/- 0.003″ (or 0.0762 mm)|
|Repeatability||within 0.0005″ (or 0.0127 mm)|
|Resolution||0.0002″ (or 0.006 mm)|
NOTE: The CNC Mill Control Unit is available in either 110 or 220VAC models. The 110 VAC model will be shipped unless otherwise requested.
- The MAX CNC mill is designed to work with Windows 10 or 11, 64 bit operating systems through your standard USB port.
- Powerful X, Y, and Z-axis micro-stepper motors are size 34 with 1200 oz-in. of torque. Stronger torque coupled with micro-stepping motion allows the CNC Max mill to perform accurately without losing steps.
- The minimum possible motion for the MAX CNC mill is 0.0002″ with a minimum speed of 0.5″ per minute. The maximum speed is 100″ per minute on your Rapid Settings with ramp down effect to keep the machine from jerking.
- Full 3 Axis or optional 4 Axis coordinated motion control on bipolar motors–far superior over unipolar technology when it comes to torque and power. True Interpolation!
- X travel 21.5″ by Y travel 10.5″
- 2 HP speed up to 4500 RPM. Two step pulley and belt combination.
- Head tilts for angled drilling, horizontal milling, slotting and more
- Hand scraped dovetail ways with tapered gibs on the column, X table, and Y saddle for precision alignment and movement
- One-Shot Oil Lube on all dovetail ways
- Hand-Wheels on each axis for manual option machining with “motor disengage” feature to retain computer spindle speed control for the cnc mill
- X, Y, Z Zero Backlash Ball Screws with pre-loaded ball nuts to eliminate play on the table, saddle, and quill travel while providing precision machining down to /- 0.00025″ in one inch. These custom-made precision ball screws allow for precise conventional and climb milling operations and accurate circular and contour cuts without time consuming setups.
- X & Y Direct Drives–no timing belts to adjust. This results in smoother operations and ensures accuracy unlike pulley and belt drive methods which can cause the belt to buckle causing inaccurate results. This unique design of direct drive keeps the user without having the need to change the belt or adjust as it wears down.
- Home Reference Sensors on the X, Y, Z which saves your home/zero position as the first line of your program. This feature allows you to quickly return to the home position on any program without having to manually zero your three axes again.
- Limit Switches on all opposite extreme ends of X, Y, & Z travel allowing you to confidently test your program without having to worry about an axis travel to its end and causing damage to the machine.
- Tool Height Compensation with Automatic Quill Retraction for easy quick tool change when doing multiple tool changes in a single program. Check out the quick change tools which are needed for multiple tool changes.
- Run your tool path from any line on your program
- Easy to Use Jogging Features, Feed Control, and Feed Over Ride on the fly
- Use Teach Mode Jog-Input Command to automatically write each line of your tool path as you manually jog each axis by pc mouse, keyboard, or the optional hand held remote control joystick to save as a program for repeat use.
- Software Power Feed capabilities on X, Y, Z, and W with one click of the pc mouse for exact relative driving distance.
- Pre-engineered for you when it comes to pitch and resolution. No tuning or calibration needed at setup. No additional parameters set-up required. Display resolution is 0.0001 micro-stepping travel. Just start using your machine.
- Runs files from popular CAD-CAM that produce standard FANUC type G-Codes to machine or engrave intricate and detailed parts.
- Easily build a file of commands to machine simple parts such as drilling and slot operations without the need to learn a CAD-CAM software.
- Digital Read Out Display of your X, Y, Z, (and optional W) counters on your computer screen in INCHES or METRIC using your PC mouse, keyboard, or our optional Hand Held Remote Control.
- Add other options such as 4th Axis, Rigid Tapping Control, Digital Probe, Hand Pendant Control, Coolant Control, Quick Change Tools, and Computer with Arm from our line of accessories.
- Computer Controlled Variable Spindle Speed two step pulley system with one belt to change speeds quickly while retaining torque. Program your spindle’s speed in the MX Software through M-codes, simple English conversational commands, and on the fly with your PC mouse.
- Hand-Wheels on each axis for manual option machining with “motor disengage” feature to retain computer spindle speed control for the cnc mill
- This CNC mill features a user-friendly setup for any beginner or experienced machinist. Easy to learn and operate. See our testimonials.
- The MAX CNC Mill is backed by our CNC MASTERS ONE YEAR WARRANTY or extend it for two more years.
- Unlimited “Life-Long” Tech Support step-by-step trouble shooting and walk-through process by email or phone Monday-Friday during normal business hours, pacific time, for as long as your company owns the machine. (Nominal fee for second hand owners.)
- Easy to repair, replace parts, and maintain unlike costly servo systems that need to be serviced.
- Free MX Operating Software Updates for original owners as long as the hardware can support it.
Click the image to enlarge or to view as a slideshow.
MX SOFTWARE INCLUDED
Try out the new Master MX. The MX works exclusively with the CNC Masters MX Numerical Control Units now being built with our CNC milling and lathe machines. The MX software is included with your CNC Masters Machine.
Easy Wizard Cycles for quick tool path creations such circle patterns and profiles, slots, rectangular pocketing, thread milling, rigid tapping (with optional encoder kit) and peck drilling applications.
- Import FANUC based G and M code programs from your CAM software. We also offer VisualCAD/CAM as an option which comes with a guaranteed post processor made for CNC Masters machinery.G00 = Position (Fast speed)
G01 = Linear interpolation (Feed speed)
G02 = Circular interpolation (CW)
G03 = Circular Counter-clockwise interpolation (CCW) Format: X__Y__I__J__ I,J are relative distance from start to center. Z can be added for helical designs.
G70 = Input in inches
G71 = Input in millimeters
G73 = High-Speed Peck Drilling Cycle
G81 = Drilling Cycle
G82 = Counter Boring Cycle
G80 = Cancel Cycle
G83 = Deep Hole Peck Drilling Cycle
G90 = Absolute move (Modal)
G91 = Relative/Incremental move (Modal)
M00 = Pause
M03 = Spindle on
M04 = Spindle on reverse
M05 = Spindle off
M08 = Coolant on
M09 = Coolant off
M30 = End program
- Don’t know G-codes? Use Conversational Commands from our Pick Menu and simply type in your coordinates or mix it in with G-code commands right in the Editor.
- View your tool path program in 2D or 3D in Simulation Mode.
- Use your touch screen monitor – desktop or laptop – Windows 10 or 11 – 64 bit operating systems to drive your CNC machine in pendant style.
- The MX is designed for PC use. Dedicate your PC or or order from us an All in One Touch Screen Computer with mounting arm for your machine.
- No additional hardware needed. Plugs in by simple USB connection. The CNC Masters MX Control Unit is built with direct USB connection. No internal port conversions or having to use other hard-to-locate platforms.
The MX supports…
- Tool Height Compensation up to 30 Tools within one program
- Tool Radius Offsets
- Feed Hold – step through each line in the program while opting to shut the spindle off and then resume program
- Pause in the middle of a program and step through one line at a time
- Coolant Control – optional
- Variable Spindle Control from 0 to max – optional
- Spindle Encoder for rigid tapping – optional
- Jog Feed/Teach Mode – create a program simply by jogging your axes
- Feed and Spindle Speed Over-Rides on the fly
- Relative exact movement positioning without writing a program — type in one movement and one-click your jog +/- arrow to drive that exact movement
- Start from another location other than 0.00 – just preset the new coordinates directly into the counters
- Press Go from another location in your program to drive your cutter
- Save your 0.00 position as well as a home offset position for future program runs
- Live Counter Display during computer numerical control movement without jumping ahead
- Displays and runs in either inches or millimeters
- 4th axis interpolation – simultaneous motion with the other axes – optional
- Rapids up to 100″/minute
- Trace Mode – Run one line independently at a time from beginning to end in your program to help you study the movement and establish your setup
- Editor Locked/Unlocked to easily write and edit your program and prevent accidental typing during a program run
- Displays Run Time
- Hot Keys – if your preference is to control your machine by keyboard such as the arrows, space bar, and letters simply open the Hot Keys command
- Run Sub-Routine programs using CALL for nesting applications or to mass produce the same part on a constant loop.
- Disable Motors — Easily disable motors to hand crank each axis. Re-engage the motors for cnc control in one click.