The CNC MAX, a table top CNC mill that gives you everything you need in a table top mid-size milling machine.
You can hand crank while retaining DRO control with our DRO option and intermingle that hand cranking with driving each axis in CNC mode! That’s a feature worth having when you just want to make a simple quick movement the X, Y, or Z. With the DRO option, it becomes your choice! You can machine by hand or machine by pressing a button. But sometimes, it is just quicker to zero out a cutter by finessing the hand cranks! You can do that with the MAX by CNC Masters.
With the MAX, you have the ability to machine small to large applications within 21.5” and 10.5” along the X and Y. No problem on the height of the part too, the Max machine head can be cranked up to 18” high. And with the Z axis control at the quill, this table top machine can run full time every week for your production needs without stressing the machine column. It can machine your parts, all day every day! This milling machine does not take a lot of shop space either. At minimum, you need 44” x 42” of area to store the machine. With its 2 HP motor, micro stepping abilities, and built in preloaded ball screws you can’t go wrong on machining tougher materials such as steel, stainless, and titanium on this cast iron work of a beast!
The Max is easy to learn and operate. You can use your own Windows PC to communicate to it too. It plugs in by standard USB. Our controller and software are made to work with standard Windows. That means there is no guess work as to how to get this machine going. There’s no antiquated serial ports or printer ports that our controlling system has been built with. You load in the software, and plug and play.
You can write your own programs conversationally, or in G Code. You can use the built-in wizards to help you formulate a program, or load in your most intricate part’s tool path generated on a CADCAM software. We offer VisualCADCAM as on option which comes with a guaranteed post processor to easily generate your files and feed into the Max to machine your part out for you.
Customer satisfaction is the number one priority at CNC Masters. We know how important it is to get your machine working the right way. You will find that our USA based customer service is second to none. We are a phone call or email away for any tech question you may have. We will stay with you by phone as needed in guiding you through to installing your CNC machine, troubleshooting, replacement of parts, repairs. We will even take the time to guide you through how to build a program and describe to you what each button does on the MX software that comes with the purchase of your CNC Max Mill. We understand this is an investment, a tool to grow your shop’s ability to meet the demands of your market. We’ve been there. It stinks to invest in a product with a company that does not back it up or sends you to the end of the world for help. With CNC Masters, you will get direct tech support for as long as your company owns the CNC milling machine.
The CNC MAX Mill is proudly built here in the USA combining both imported and American-made parts to offer our clients the most competitive pricing in the industry while retaining quality. Every CNC machine we build is hand tested by us for quality and performance before it leaves our manufacturing facility here in California. We build them, we test them, we crate them, we ship them directly to you!
CNC MAX® Machine Specifications
|Model||MAX CNC Mill|
|X Axis: Left/Right Table Travel||21.5″ (546 mm)|
|Y Axis: Front/Back Saddle Travel||10.5″ (266.7 mm)|
|Z Axis: Spindle Up/Down Travel||4.5″ (114.3 mm)|
|Maximum Distance from Spindle Nose to Table||18″ (450 mm)|
|Swivel Angle of Headstock at Perpendicular Direction||+/- 90 Degrees|
|Drilling Capacity||.75″ (19.05 mm)|
|Face Mill Capacity||3” (76.2 mm)|
|End Mill Capacity||.75″ (19.05mm)|
|Working Area of Table – Table Specs with T-Slots||31.5″ x 9.5″ (800 mm x 240 mm)|
|Spindle Taper||R8 Collet|
|Spindle Motor and Power – Computer Variable Spindle Control||2 HP; 220-240vac single phase|
|Spindle Speeds 2 Step Pulley to adjust for torque strength||60 HZ: 1680, 4500 RPMs
50 HZ: 1360, 3640 RPMs
|Limit Switches on Opposite Ends of Travel||X Y Z|
|Max Rapid on X Y Z||150 IPM (3810 mm/m)|
|One-Shot Oil Pump||Lubricates Dovetail Ways, Tapered Gibs, and Quill|
|Machine Body and Head||Cast Iron|
|Computer Connection to Control Unit||USB Port, Windows 10 or 11 PC 64 bit|
|X Y Z W Stepper Motors||NEMA 34, Bi-Polar, 1200 oz-in of torque|
|Overall Length w/out X motor (left end of table to right end)||35.375” (898.525 mm)|
|Overall Width w/out controllers and Y motor (front to back of machine)||30.625″ (777.875 mm)|
|Overall Length (left end of table to right end of X motor handle)||42” (1067 mm)|
|Overall Width (back of machine with controllers to front end of Y motor handle)||44″ (1118 mm)|
|Machine Height (without machine stand)||42” (1060 mm)|
|Machine Stand Height||27.75” (704.85 mm)|
|Machine Stand Chip Pan||36.625” x 23.625” x 4.25” deep (930.275 mm x 676.275 mm x 107.95 mm deep)|
|Machine Base 4 Bolt Pattern to Stand||13” x 25” (330.2 mm x 635 mm)|
|Max Movement Area||62.5″ (1587.5 mm) x 44″ (1117.6 mm)|
Machine Power Requirements
|110VAC dedicated circuit with a NEMA 5-15R|
|220 to 240 VAC, single phase with ground @ 15 amp service required|
CNC MAX Machine Tolerances
|Accuracy||+/- 0.003″ (or 0.0762 mm)|
|Repeatability||within 0.0005″ (or 0.0127 mm)|
|Resolution||0.0002″ (or 0.006 mm)|
NOTE: The CNC Mill Control Unit is available in either 110 or 220VAC models. The 110 VAC model will be shipped unless otherwise requested.
- The MAX CNC mill is designed to work with Windows 10 or 11, 64 bit operating systems through your standard USB port.
- Powerful X, Y, and Z-axis micro-stepper motors are size 34 with 1200 oz-in. of torque. Stronger torque coupled with micro-stepping motion allows the CNC Max mill to perform accurately without losing steps.
- The minimum possible motion for the MAX CNC mill is 0.0002″ with a minimum speed of 0.5″ per minute. The maximum speed is 100″ per minute on your Rapid Settings with ramp down effect to keep the machine from jerking.
- Full 3 Axis or optional 4 Axis coordinated motion control on bipolar motors–far superior over unipolar technology when it comes to torque and power. True Interpolation!
- X travel 21.5″ by Y travel 10.5″
- 2 HP speed up to 4500 RPM. Two step pulley and belt combination.
- Head tilts for angled drilling, horizontal milling, slotting and more
- Hand scraped dovetail ways with tapered gibs on the column, X table, and Y saddle for precision alignment and movement
- One-Shot Oil Lube on all dovetail ways
- Hand-Wheels on each axis for manual option machining with “motor disengage” feature to retain computer spindle speed control for the cnc mill. Add the DRO/Closed Loop Option to manually hand crank your parts all day with Digital Readout displayed on the MX software screen.
- X, Y, Z Zero Backlash Ball Screws with pre-loaded ball nuts to eliminate play on the table, saddle, and quill travel while providing precision machining down to /- 0.00025″ in one inch. These custom-made precision ball screws allow for precise conventional and climb milling operations and accurate circular and contour cuts without time consuming setups.
- X & Y Direct Drives–no timing belts to adjust. This results in smoother operations and ensures accuracy unlike pulley and belt drive methods which can cause the belt to buckle causing inaccurate results. This unique design of direct drive keeps the user without having the need to change the belt or adjust as it wears down.
- Home Reference Sensors on the X, Y, Z which saves your home/zero position as the first line of your program. This feature allows you to quickly return to the home position on any program without having to manually zero your three axes again.
- Limit Switches on all opposite extreme ends of X, Y, & Z travel allowing you to confidently test your program without having to worry about an axis travel to its end and causing damage to the machine.
- Tool Height Compensation with Automatic Quill Retraction for easy quick tool change when doing multiple tool changes in a single program. Check out the quick change tools which are needed for multiple tool changes.
- Run your tool path from any line on your program
- Easy to Use Jogging Features, Feed Control, and Feed Over Ride on the fly
- Use Teach Mode Jog-Input Command to automatically write each line of your tool path as you manually jog each axis by pc mouse, keyboard, or the optional hand held remote control joystick to save as a program for repeat use.
- Software Power Feed capabilities on X, Y, Z, and W with one click of the pc mouse for exact relative driving distance.
- Pre-engineered for you when it comes to pitch and resolution. No tuning or calibration needed at setup. No additional parameters set-up required. Display resolution is 0.0001 micro-stepping travel. Just start using your machine.
- Runs files from popular CAD-CAM that produce standard FANUC type G-Codes to machine or engrave intricate and detailed parts.
- Easily build a file of commands to machine simple parts such as drilling and slot operations without the need to learn a CAD-CAM software.
- Digital Read Out Display of your X, Y, Z, (and optional W) counters on your computer screen in INCHES or METRIC using your PC mouse, keyboard, or our optional Hand Held Remote Control.
- Add other options such as 4th Axis, Rigid Tapping Control, Digital Probe, Hand Pendant Control, Coolant Control, Quick Change Tools, and Computer with Arm from our line of accessories.
- Computer Controlled Variable Spindle Speed two step pulley system with one belt to change speeds quickly while retaining torque. Program your spindle’s speed in the MX Software through M-codes, simple English conversational commands, and on the fly with your PC mouse.
- Hand-Wheels on each axis for manual option machining with “motor disengage” feature to retain computer spindle speed control for the cnc mill
- This CNC mill features a user-friendly setup for any beginner or experienced machinist. Easy to learn and operate. See our testimonials.
- The MAX CNC Mill is backed by our CNC MASTERS ONE YEAR WARRANTY or extend it for two more years.
- Unlimited “Life-Long” Tech Support step-by-step trouble shooting and walk-through process by email or phone Monday-Friday during normal business hours, pacific time, for as long as your company owns the machine. (Nominal fee for second hand owners.)
- Easy to repair, replace parts, and maintain unlike costly servo systems that need to be serviced.
- Free MX Operating Software Updates for original owners as long as the hardware can support it.
MX Software Included
Try out the new Master MX. The MX works exclusively with the CNC Masters MX Numerical Control Units now being built with our CNC milling and lathe machines. The MX software is included with your CNC Masters Machine.
Easy Wizard Cycles for quick tool path creations such circle patterns and profiles, slots, rectangular pocketing, thread milling, rigid tapping (with optional encoder kit) and peck drilling applications.
- Import FANUC based G and M code programs from your CAM software. We also offer VisualCAD/CAM as an option which comes with a guaranteed post processor made for CNC Masters machinery.
G00 = Position (Fast speed)
G01 = Linear interpolation (Feed speed)
G02 = Circular interpolation (CW)
G03 = Circular Counter-clockwise interpolation (CCW) Format: X__Y__I__J__ I,J are relative distance from start to center. Z can be added for helical designs.
G70 = Input in inches
G71 = Input in millimeters
G73 = High-Speed Peck Drilling Cycle
G81 = Drilling Cycle
G82 = Counter Boring Cycle
G80 = Cancel Cycle
G83 = Deep Hole Peck Drilling Cycle
G90 = Absolute move (Modal)
G91 = Relative/Incremental move (Modal)
M00 = Pause
M03 = Spindle on
M04 = Spindle on reverse
M05 = Spindle off
M08 = Coolant on
M09 = Coolant off
M30 = End program
- Don’t know G-codes? Use Conversational Commands from our Pick Menu and simply type in your coordinates or mix it in with G-code commands right in the Editor.
- View your tool path program in 2D or 3D in Simulation Mode.
- Use your touch screen monitor – desktop or laptop – Windows 10 or 11 – 64 bit operating systems to drive your CNC machine in pendant style.
- The MX is designed for PC use. Dedicate your PC or or order from us an All in One Touch Screen Computer with mounting arm for your machine.
- No additional hardware needed. Plugs in by simple USB connection. The CNC Masters MX Control Unit is built with direct USB connection. No internal port conversions or having to use other hard-to-locate platforms.
The MX supports…
- Tool Height Compensation up to 30 Tools within one program
- Tool Radius Offsets
- Feed Hold – step through each line in the program while opting to shut the spindle off and then resume program
- Pause in the middle of a program and step through one line at a time
- Coolant Control – optional
- Variable Spindle Control from 0 to max – optional
- Spindle Encoder for rigid tapping – optional
- Jog Feed/Teach Mode – create a program simply by jogging your axes
- Feed and Spindle Speed Over-Rides on the fly
- Relative exact movement positioning without writing a program — type in one movement and one-click your jog +/- arrow to drive that exact movement
- Start from another location other than 0.00 – just preset the new coordinates directly into the counters
- Press Go from another location in your program to drive your cutter
- Save your 0.00 position as well as a home offset position for future program runs
- Live Counter Display during computer numerical control movement without jumping ahead
- Displays and runs in either inches or millimeters
- 4th axis interpolation – simultaneous motion with the other axes – optional
- Rapids up to 100″/minute
- Trace Mode – Run one line independently at a time from beginning to end in your program to help you study the movement and establish your setup
- Editor Locked/Unlocked to easily write and edit your program and prevent accidental typing during a program run
- Displays Run Time
- Hot Keys – if your preference is to control your machine by keyboard such as the arrows, space bar, and letters simply open the Hot Keys command
- Run Sub-Routine programs using CALL for nesting applications or to mass produce the same part on a constant loop.
- Disable Motors — Easily disable motors to hand crank each axis. Re-engage the motors for cnc control in one click.
Give us a call at 626-962-9300 to request your free demo of the MX Software.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return to Top