MAX® CNC Mill
***Test out the Master MX to run your CNC Mill and be sure to check out the video here: Master MX Intro Video
CNC Masters presents the all new CNC MAX to our line of CNC mills. It is specifically designed for the machinist considering the CNC Baron Mill, but who needs higher spindle speed and longer Y axis travel. The value and compact nature of the CNC Baron Mill are enhanced with the added features of the CNC MAX. The CNC MAX Milling Machine is turn-key, easy to learn, and even easier to operate. Like the CNC Baron, The CNC MAX also has the durable cast iron body. The MAX is designed for more demanding users. It provides more advanced features that emphasize the cutting precision and the ease of use.
Customer satisfaction is the number one priority at CNC Masters. Our USA based customer service support members are available to answer any technical or installation questions related to the CNC MAX Mill, its operational software or any of our products by phone or e-mail for as long as you or your company owns the machine. The CNC MAX Milling Machine comes with a one year warranty. In addition to a one year warranty, our company provides comprehensive quality testing on all of our machines. Click below for a hassle free quick quote for freight costs. If you have any questions, we are just a phone call or email away.
- Full 3 Axis (4th optional) coordinated motion control on bipolar motors.
- [X=21.5″] x [Y=10.5″] of Travel.
- X Y Z ball screw driven for precision and accuracy on production runs.
- CNC Masters custom software is included for USB connection into your pc.
- 2 HP speed up to 4500 RPMs with 2 step pulley and belt combination.
- Head tilts for angled drilling, horizontal milling, slotting and more. /li>
CNC MAX® Machine Specifications
|Model||MAX CNC Mill|
|X Axis: Left/Right Table Travel||21.5" (546 mm)|
|Y Axis: Front/Back Saddle Travel||10.5" (266.7 mm)|
|Z Axis: Spindle Up/Down Travel||4.5" (114.3 mm)|
|Maximum Distance from Spindle Nose to Table||18" (450 mm)|
|Swivel Angle of Headstock at Perpendicular Direction||+/- 90 Degrees|
|Drilling Capacity||.75" (19.05 mm)|
|Face Mill Capacity||3” (76.2 mm)|
|End Mill Capacity||.75" (19.05mm)|
|Working Area of Table - Table Specs with T-Slots||31.5" x 9.5" (800 mm x 240 mm)|
|Spindle Taper||R8 Collet|
|Spindle Motor and Power – Computer Variable Spindle Control||2 HP; 208, 220-240vac single phase|
|Spindle Speeds 2 Step Pulley to adjust for torque strength||60 HZ: 1680, 4500 RPMs
50 HZ: 1360, 3640 RPMs
|Limit Switches on Opposite Ends of Travel||X Y Z|
|Max Rapid on X Y Z||100 IPM (2540 mm/m)|
|One-Shot Oil Pump||Lubricates Dovetail Ways, Tapered Gibs, and Quill|
|Machine Body and Head||Cast Iron|
|Computer Connection||USB Port, Windows PC 64 bit 7, 8, or 10|
|X Y Z W Stepper Motors||NEMA 34, Bi-Polar, 1200 in/oz of torque|
|Overall Length w/out X motor (left end of table to right end)||35.375” (898.525 mm)|
|Overall Width w/out controllers and Y motor (front to back of machine)||30.625" (777.875 mm)|
|Overall Length (left end of table to right end of X motor handle)||42” (1067 mm)|
|Overall Width (back of machine with controllers to front end of Y motor handle)||44" (1118 mm)|
|Machine Height (without machine stand)||42” (1060 mm)|
|Machine Stand Height||27.75” (704.85 mm)|
|Machine Stand Chip Pan||36.625” x 23.625” x 4.25” deep (930.275 mm x 676.275 mm x 107.95 mm deep)|
|Machine Base 4 Bolt Pattern to Stand||13” x 25” (330.2 mm x 635 mm)|
|Max Movement Area||62.5" (1587.5 mm) x 44" (1117.6 mm)|
Machine Power Requirements
|MAX CNC Mill|
|110VAC dedicated circuit with a NEMA 5-15R|
|208, 220 to 240 VAC, single phase with ground @ 15 amp service required|
CNC MAX Machine Tolerances
|Accuracy||+/- 0.003" (or 0.762 mm)|
|Repeatability||within 0.0005" (or 0.127 mm)|
|Resolution||0.0002" (or .01 mm)|
NOTE: The CNC Mill Control Unit is available in either 110 or 220VAC models. The 110 VAC model will be shipped unless otherwise requested.
- The MAX CNC mill is designed to work with 64 bit operating systems: Windows 7, 8, or 10 through your standard USB port.
- The Max features powerful X, Y, and Z-axis micro-stepper motors are size 34 with 1200 in/oz. of torque. Stronger torque coupled with micro-stepping motion allows the CNC Max mill to perform accurately without losing steps.
- The minimum possible motion for the MAX CNC mill is .0002″ with a minimum speed of 0.5″ per minute. The maximum speed is 100″ per minute on your Rapid Settings with ramp down effect to keep the machine from jerking.
- Full 3 Axis or optional 4 Axis coordinated motion control on bipolar motors–far superior over unipolar technology when it comes to torque and power. True Interpolation!
- X travel 21.5″ by Y travel 10.5″
- 2 HP speed up to 4500 RPMs. Two step pulley and belt combination.
- Head tilts for angled drilling, horizontal milling, slotting and more
- This CNC Mill features dovetail ways with tapered gibs on the column, X table, and Y saddle for precision alignment and movement
- One-Shot Oil Lube on all dovetail ways
- Hand-Wheels on each axis for manual option machining with “motor disengage” feature to retain computer spindle speed control for the cnc mill
- The MAX CNC Mill also features X, Y, & Z Axes Zero Backlash Ball Screws with pre-loaded ball nuts to eliminate play on the table, saddle, and quill travel while providing precision machining down to +/- 0.00025″ in one inch. These custom-made precision ball screws allow for precise conventional and climb milling operations and accurate circular and contour cuts without time consuming setups.
- X & Y Direct Drives–no timing belts to adjust. This results in smoother operations and ensures accuracy unlike pulley and belt drive methods which can cause the belt to buckle causing inaccurate results. This unique design of direct drive keeps the user without having the need to change the belt or adjust as it wears down.
- This CNC mill machine features Home Reference Sensors on the X, Y, & Z which saves your home/zero position as the first line of your program. This feature allows you to quickly return to the home position on any program without having to manually zero your three axes again.
- Limit Switches on all opposite extreme ends of X, Y, & Z travel allowing you to confidently test your program without having to worry about an axis travel to its end and causing damage to machine.
- Tool Height Compensation with Automatic Quill Retraction for easy R8 collet tool change
- Tool Cutter Radius Offset Compensation
- Run your tool path from any line on your program
- Easy to Use Jogging Features and Feed Control by pc mouse or keyboard
- Jog-Input (Teach Mode) Command automatically writes each line of your tool path as you manually jog each axis by pc mouse, keyboard, or the optional hand held remote control joystick to save as a program for repeat use.
- Software Power Feed capabilities on X, Y, Z, and W with one click of the pc mouse for exact relative driving distance.
- Hooks up to your PC, comes pre-built from the factory, and is completely tested before shipping out from our USA based facility in California.
- Pre-engineered for you when it comes to pitch and resolution. No axis or motor tuning needed at setup. No additional parameters set-up required. Display resolution is 0.0001 micro-stepping travel. Just start using it.
- Runs files from popular CAD-CAMs that produce standard G-Codes such as Mastercam, Surfcam, etc to your cnc mill and engrave intricate and detailed parts.
- Easily build a file of commands to machine simple parts such as drilling operations without the need to learn a CAD-CAM software.
- Digital Read Out Display of your X, Y, Z, (and optional W) counters on your computer screen in INCHES or METRIC using your pc mouse, keyboard, or our optional Hand Held Remote Control.
- Can add fourth axis, engraving attachment, coolant, quick tool change, and splash guard shield from our line of accessories to the MAX CNC Mill
- Computer Controlled Variable Spindle Speed two step pulley system with one belt to change speeds quickly while retaining torque. Program your spindle’s speed in the Master Software through M-codes, simple English conversational commands, or on/off with your pc mouse. It also allows you to disengage power from the axis motors to allow for manual machining while still retaining computer control of the spindle.
- This CNC mill features a user-friendly setup for any beginner or experienced machinist. Easy to learn and operate. See our testimonials.
- The MAX CNC Mill is backed by our CNC MASTERS ONE YEAR WARRANTY or extend it for two more years.
- Unlimited “life-long” operational Tech Support step-by-step trouble shooting and walk-through process by email or phone support Monday-Friday PST during normal business hours for as long as your company owns the machine.
- Easy to repair, replace parts, and maintain unlike costly servo systems that need to be serviced by a trained technician.
- Free Master Operating Software Updates for as long as the hardware can support it.
- Discounted Prices for Existing Customers of CNC MASTERS. Check out our MAX CNC Mill Package Prices!
Customer satisfaction is the number one priority at CNC Masters. Our USA based customer service support members are available to answer any technical or installation questions related to the CNC MAX Mill, its operational software or any of our products by phone or e-mail for as long as you or your company owns the machine.
The CNC MAX is the first of CNC mill its kind to have true ball screw accuracy in all THREE Axes.
The MAX CNC Mill is durable and precise with a cast-iron body, sliding dovetail ways, and tapered gibs on the square column for accuracy, repeatability, and alignment. Made for the user who needs it all, it is a versatile bench top mid-size CNC mill offering primary or secondary CNC machining applications.
The CNC MAX is a milling machine has the performance of larger CNC mill models without taking up all that floor space, making it a great purchase for large or small manufacturing plants, machine shops, research institutions, colleges, universities, high schools, engineers in need of quick prototype 3D parts, and operations needing mass production of a single part.
This CNC mill is a great investment for business owners who like to keep costs down by creating their own parts. The CNC mill is simple to operate, offering immediate, efficient solutions that save the operator time and money. The CNC MAX Mill is proudly assembled here in the U.S.A., combining both imported and American-made parts to offer our clients the most competitive pricing in the industry while retaining quality. Every CNC mill is hand-tested for quality and performance before it leaves the manufacturing facility located in California, USA.
Is the CNC MAX Mill is the best choice for your business? CNC mills are built for streamlined production purposes. They are computer-programmed, automated, and capable of creating large quantities of product in short periods of time and with minimal employee interaction. They can be set to fill a variety of needs with little effort, and they are ideal for a business with mass quantity distribution of precision-cut metals, such as steel or aluminum.
Designed for more demanding users, the MAX CNC Mill provides a number of advanced features that emphasize convenience and cutting precision. NEMA Size 34 Micro-Stepper Motors with 1200 inch/oz. of torque provides excellent rapid travel speeds of up to 100 inches per minute through our custom ramp up/down feature provided with every CNC MAX.
Smooth, accurate and precision milling is made possible by a 2 HP computer controlled motor that operates at up to 4500 RPM. Our CNC MASTERS SOFTWARE included with every machine is compatible with virtually all versions of Microsoft Windows operating systems ranging from Windows 7, 8, or 10. The CNC MASTER SOFTWARE controls every aspect of the milling process from design edits to cutting speed. It can also work with FANUC style G-codes from imported CAM generated tool path programs.
CNC Masters knows you have several buying options. Milling equipment can be purchased new, used, or simply leased. Do you know how to choose the right milling machine for you? The best option may depend upon the projected project length and the company’s financial position. Leasing can be a great option for short production needs, but leasing an item is almost always more expensive than purchasing because of the interest and service charges. Ownership and tax breaks typically make buying business equipment more appealing; this is especially true when the property has a long and useful expected life such as our CNC mills. Purchasing a CNC mill in the early stages of a project saves company resources in the long term. It allows for better resource production planning based on market demands – without the worries and hassle of monthly overhead expenses.
Purchasing used CNC mills is also a viable option, but often times used equipment requires early onset maintenance or repairs which can offset any expected financial advantages. The benefits of purchasing a new CNC mill include quality assurance and pre-shipping inspection of the CNC Mill, a one-year hardware warranty against manufacturer defects, and full phone or e-mail technical support for the life of the CNC machine with your company.
For these reasons, CNC Masters presents the immediate value of a new CNC Mill.
CNC Masters presents the all new CNC MAX to our line of CNC mills. It is specifically designed for the machinist considering the CNC Baron Mill, but who needs higher spindle speed and longer Y axis travel. The value and compact nature of the CNC Baron Mill are enhanced with the added features of the MAX CNC Mill. The CNC MAX Milling Machine is turn-key, easy to learn, and even easier to operate.
Manufactured by: CNC Masters
$6,975 – New
Try out the new Master MX. The MX works exclusively with the CNC Masters MX Numerical Control Units now being built with our CNC milling and lathe machines. Request a free copy below.
- Easy Wizard Cycles for quick tool path creations such circle patterns and profiles, slots, rectangular pocketing, thread milling, rigid tapping (with optional encoder kit) and peck drilling applications.
- Import FANUC based G and M code programs from your CAM software. We also offer Visualmill CAM as an option which comes with a post processor made for CNC Masters machinery.
G00 = Position (Fast speed)
G01 = Linear interpolation (Feed speed)
G02 = Circular interpolation (CW)
G03 = Circular Counter-clockwise interpolation (CCW) Format: X__Y__I__J__ I,J are relative distance from start to center. Z can be added for helical designs.G40 = Cancels G41 and/or G42
G41 = Tool Radius compensation left
G42 = Tool Radius compensation right
G70 = Input in inches
G71 = Input in millimeters
G73 = High-Speed Peck Drilling Cycle
G81 = Drilling Cycle
G82 = Counter Boring Cycle
G80 = Cancel Cycle
G83 = Deep Hole Peck Drilling Cycle
G90 = Absolute move (Modal)
G91 = Relative/Incremental move (Modal)M00 = Pause
M03 = Spindle on
M04 = Spindle on reverse
M05 = Spindle off
M08 = Coolant on
M09 = Coolant off
M30 = End program
- Don’t know G-codes? Choose your Conversational Commands from our Pick Menu and simply type in your coordinates or mix it in with G-code commands right in the Editor.
- View your tool path program in 2D or 3D in Simulation Mode.
- Use your touch screen monitor – desktop or laptop – Windows 7, 8, or 10 – 64 bit operating systems to drive your CNC machine in pendant style.
- The MX is designed for PC use. Dedicate your PC or or order from us an All in One Touch Screen Computer with mounting arm for your machine.
- No additional hardware needed. Plugs in by simple USB connection. The CNC Masters MX Control Unit is built with direct USB connection. No internal port conversions or having to use other hard-to-locate platforms.
Check out the New Master MX
The MX supports…
- Tool Height Compensation up to Ten Tools within one program
- Tool Radius Offsets
- Feed Hold – step through each line in the program while opting to shut the spindle off and then resume program
- Pause in the middle of a program
- Coolant Control – optional
- Variable Spindle Control from 0 to max – optional
- Spindle Encoder for rigid tapping – optional
- Jog Feed/Teach Mode – create a program simply by jogging your axes
- Feed and Spindle Speed Over-Rides on the fly
- Relative exact movement positioning without writing a program — type in one movement and one-click your jog +/- arrow to drive that exact movement
- Start from another location other than 0.00 – just preset the new coordinates directly into the counters
- Press Go from another location in your program to drive your cutter
- Save 0.00 “and” a home offset position for future program runs
- Live Counter Display during computer numerical control movement without jumping ahead
- Displays and runs in either inches or millimeters
- 4th axis interpolation – simultaneous motion with the other axes – optional
- Rapids up to 100″/minute
- Trace Mode – Run one line independently at a time from beginning to end in your program to help you study the movement and establish your setup
- Editor Locked/Unlocked to easily write and edit your program and prevent accidental typing during a program run
- Displays Run Time
- Hot Keys – if your preference is to control your machine by keyboard such as the arrows, space bar, and letters simply open the Hot Keys command
- Run Sub-Routine programs using CALL for nesting applications or to mass produce the same part on a constant loop.
- Disable Motors — Easily disable motors to hand crank each axis. Re-engage the motors for cnc control in one click.
Disable Anti-Virus/Firewall prior to downloading the software.
Installation instructions: After it has finished downloading, place the zipped folder on your desktop. Right click on it. Choose “Extract All.” You can now access your Master MX files folder. Double click on MasterMX.exe (application) to open the Master MX. You can also right click over “MasterMX.exe” to create a short-cut icon right on your desktop screen. (For Master XU users only: please note that the MX is not compatible with the XU control unit.)
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CNC Masters is proud to present the next generation in CNC milling technology: The CNC Max. The first of its kind to have ball screw accuracy in all three axes.
The CNC Max is powered by 2 horse power computer controlled variable speed motor capable of 4500 RPMs and employs true bail screw accuracy with our propriety Z Axis quill head design. Our exclusive and propriety hand-held remote control option provides you greater ease in controlling the CNC Max during initial setup. The hand held remote allows you to jog your axes while keeping continuous sight of your part.
The CNC Max is durable and precise with a cast-iron body and dovetail ways on the square column for precise vertical alignment. The CNC Max Milling Machine has the performance of larger CNC models but in a convenient table top form. The CNC Max. CNC Masters, Southern California, (877) 262-8895 or contact us at CNCMasters.com.
MAX® CNC Mill Control Unit
The Control Unit is a microcomputer based micro-stepper motor driver with 4D interpolation capabilities. It accepts motion commands from your host computer through a standard USB port, making it easier for the user to connect to his computer in the industry. The Control Unit can drive up to 4 motors. The Control Unit is mounted directly on the back of your CNC Baron Mill out of your work space unlike other models that require a separate stand. Other optional outputs are the coolant, and spindle controls. The power requirement are 5 amperes at 115VAC.
Upon request for international orders, we can re-wire the Control Unit to meet 220-240vac standards at no extra charge.