CNC SUPRA Mill
$9,923.00 – $12,522.00 – New
***Test out the Master MX to run your Supra Mill and be sure to check out the video here: Master MX Intro Video
The SUPRA CNC Mill offers Turn-Key Operation for any beginner or experienced machinist who needs a user-friendly, easy-to-use, and who also needs to begin cutting parts the same day the unit arrives. This CNC Vertical Knee Mill provides the strength and durability of a manually driven Bridgeport-type vertical knee mill. The ingenuity of the SUPRA vertical CNC Mill delivers intricate and detailed parts through automation technology, all while still giving the operator the option to manually machine simple parts through the use of the axis’ hand wheel.
The CNC Supra Vertical Knee Milling machine comes with the software to run any of your milling needs. No extra software is required. It does not matter whether you are a large company or a small company, here at CNC Masters; we are dedicated to help you with all of your milling need. The CNC Supra Vertical Knee Milling Machine comes with a one year warranty. In addition to a one year warranty, our company provides comprehensive quality testing on all of our machines. Our customer service is second to none. Click below for a hassle free quick quote for freight costs. If you have any questions, we are just a phone call or email away.
- Full 3 Axis or optional 4 Axis coordinated motion control. True Interpolation.
- Extreme Accuracy with Micro-Stepping motion
- CNC Masters custom software is included
- X & Y Zero Backlash Ball Screws with Pre-loaded ball nuts
- X & Y Direct Drives – No belts to adjust
The CNC SUPRA Vertical Mill (9×49) or (10×54) Specifications
|Model||CNC SUPRA 9x49 Knee Mill||CNC SUPRA 10x54 Knee Mill|
|Table Size||9" x 49"||10" x 54"|
|Table T-slot size||5/8" x 3"||5/8" x 3"|
|Longitudinal X Travel||34"||35.5"|
|Forward/Back Cross Y Travel||11.5"||15.5"|
|Quill Z Travel||4.5"||4.5"|
|Vertical Mill Travel Knee Lift Up/Down||16"||18"|
|Head Swivel RH/LH||90°/90°||90°/90°|
|Head Tilting F/B||45°/45°||45°/45°|
|Ram Turret Swivel||360°||360°|
|Power||220-240VAC 1Ø||220-240VAC 1Ø|
|Spindle Motor||3 HP Variable Speed or 2 HP, 8 Speeds||3 HP Variable Speed|
|Spindle Speeds Type||Step Pulley||Step Pulley|
|Spindle Speeds (RPM)||Up to 5600 with Variable Spindle Speed Computer Control including on/off|
90-2800 for 8 speeds
|Up to 5600 with Variable Spindle Speed Computer Control including on/off|
|Vertical Knee Mill Machine Height||86" (65" with head upside down)||89" (68" with head upside down)|
|Physical Floor Space||62.5"(1587.5mm) x 57"(1447.8mm)||67.5"(1714.5mm) x 65"(1651mm)|
|Vertical Mill Max Movement Area|
X + Ram Max Travel Area
|97"(2463.8mm) x 68.5"(1739.9mm)||104" (2641.6mm) x83"(2108.6mm)|
|Weight||2600 lbs.||3600 lbs.|
Knee Mill Machine Power Requirements
|CNC SUPRA Vertical CNC Mill|
|110VAC dedicated circuit with a NEMA 5-15R|
|208, 220 to 240 VAC, single or three phase with ground @ 15 amp service required|
|CNC SUPRA Knee Mill Computer Variable Spindle Control|
|110VAC dedicated circuit with a NEMA 5-15R|
|208, 220 to 240VAC, single phase with ground @15 amp service circuit with a NEMA 6-15R required.|
CNC SUPRA Mill Tolerances
|Accuracy||+/- 0.003" in 12" (+/- 0.00025 per inch)|
|Resolution||0.0002" (or .01 mm)|
NOTE: The SUPRA Control Unit is available in either 110 or 220VAC models. The 110 VAC model will be shipped unless otherwise requested.
CNC SUPRA Vertical Knee Mill Features
- The SUPRA Vertical Mill is designed to work with 64 bit operating systems: Windows 7, 8, or 10 through your standard USB port.
- This Knee Mill features Powerful X, Y, and Z-axis micro-stepper motors are size 34 with 1200 in/oz. of torque. Stronger torque coupled with micro-stepping motion keeps the CNC Supra from losing steps and performs as accurate as a servo system.
- The minimum possible motion for the SUPRA Vertical Knee Mill is .0001” with a minimum speed of 0.5” per minute. The maximum speed is 100” per minute on your Rapid Settings with ramp down effect to keep the machine from jerking.
- X & Y Zero Backlash Ball Screws with pre-loaded ball nuts to eliminate play on the table travel, and give precision machining
- X & Y Direct Drives–no belts to adjust. This results in smoother operations and ensures accuracy unlike bipolar, pulley and belt, drive methods which can cause the belt to buckle causing inaccurate results. This unique design of direct drive keeps the user without having the need to change the belt or adjust as it wears down.
- The SUPRA Vertical Knee Mill features Z Axis Zero Backlash Ball Screw with pre-loaded ball nut to eliminate play on the up and down travel of the Quill.
- Quill Driven which is better than a knee driven Z axis; this maintains rigidity of the part being machined on three axis interpolation.
- This Knee Mill features Home Reference Sensors on the X, Y, & Z which saves your home/zero position as the first line of your program. This feature allows you to quickly return to the home position on any program without having to manually zero your three axes again.
- Full 3 Axis or optional 4 Axis coordinated motion control. True Interpolation.
- Limit Switches on all extreme ends of X, Y, & Z travel allowing you to confidently test your program without having to worry about an axis travel to its end and causing damage to machine.
- Tool Height Compensation with Automatic Quill Retraction for easy R8 collet tool change
- Tool Cutter Radius Offset Compensation
- Run your tool path from any line on your program
- Easy to Use Jogging Features and Feed Control
- Jog-Input Command automatically writes each line of your toolpath as you manually jog each axis by pc mouse, keyboard, or the optional hand held remote control joystick to save as a program for repeat use.
- Software Power Feed capabilities on X, Y, Z, and W with one click of the pc mouse for exact relative driving distance.
- Hooks up to your PC, comes pre-built from the factory
- The SUPRA Vertical Mill is Pre-engineered for you when it comes to pitch and resolution. No axis or motor tuning needed at setup. No additional parameters set-up required. Display resolution is 0.0001 micro-stepping travel. Just start using it.
- Runs files from popular CAD-CAM softwares that produce standard G-Codes such as Mastercam, Surfcam, etc to your knee milling machine and engrave intricate and detailed parts at your command
- Load DXF and IGES files from graphic programs such as CorelDRAW into CAM softwares to machine or engrave detailed parts from scanned images
- Digital Read Out Display of your X, Y, Z, (and optional W) counters on your computer screen in INCHES or MILLIMETERS using your PC mouse, keyboard, or our optional Hand Held Remote Control.
- Easily build a file of commands such as drilling operations to machine simple parts without the need to learn or use a CAD-CAM program
- Can add a power feed on the knee lift, engraving attachment, fourth axis, computer control coolant assembly for the machine’s built-in tank, and quick tool change, from our line of accessories to the CNC Supra Vertical Mill
- Optional “Computer” Controlled Variable Spindle Speed, save time without having to change the belt, and program your spindle’s speed in the Master Software. It also allows you to disengage power from the axis motors to allow for manual machining while still retaining computer control of the spindle. (Runs on single phase 240 vac.)
- Easy user-friendly setup for any beginner or experienced machinist. Easy to learn and operate. See our testimonials.
- Comes with Tool Box, front and rear chip guard, and a One-Shot Lubing System on the mill’s table ways and X & Y ball screws.
- The SUPRA CNC Knee Mill is Backed by our CNC MASTERS ONE YEAR WARRANTY or extend it for two more years.
- Unlimited “life-long” operational Tech Support step-by-step trouble shooting and walk-through process by email or phone support Monday-Friday PST during normal business hours for as long as your company owns the machine.
- Easy to repair, replace parts, and maintain unlike costly servo systems which need to be serviced.
- Free Master Software Updates upon request upon request for as long as the hardware can support it.
- Your choice in 2 HP Spindle Motor 8 speeds, or 3 HP computer controlled variable spindle speed. Save time without having to change the belt, and program your spindle’s speed in the Master Software through G-codes, simple english conversational commands, or on/off with your PC mouse. It also allows you to disengage power from the axis motors to allow for manual machining while still retaining computer control of the spindle.
- Discounted Prices for Existing Customers of CNC MASTERS
The CNC SUPRA Vertical Knee Mill Additional Machine Features:
- Super Strong Column and Base
- Low Maintenance Machine
- Large Chromed Diameter Quill
- Spindle Head is internally cooled
- High Precision Class 7 Spindle Bearings
- X, Y, Z Zero-Backlash Ball Screws with Pre-Loaded Ball Nuts
- X, Y, Size 34 Micro-Stepping Motors at 1500 in/oz of torque with Hand Wheels
- Z, Size 34 Micro-Stepping Motor at 1200 in/oz of torque with Hand Wheel
- Step pulley 8 speeds belt adjustment or variable spindle speed computer controlled
- High grade cast iron frame
- Dovetail guide ways
- Ground table t-slots
- Hardened & ground ways
- Hardened & ground table
- Tilting & rotating head
- Built-In Coolant Column Base (Computer Control Pump, Hose, and Flex Nozzle mounted to the side of quill–optional accessory)
- Built-In One-Shot Lube
CNC Supra Mill 9 x 49: $9,923.00
Easy to learn and operate. It’s your classic vertical knee milling machine with CNC technology. All Cast Iron. Full three axis interpolated movement. Max travel of 34” x 11.5” on the X and Y. Z axis is quill driven for accuracy. Manual/conventional control as well as CNC control.
CNC Supra Mill 9 x 49 w/CVS control: $10,623.00
Easy to learn and operate. It’s your classic vertical knee milling machine with CNC technology. All Cast Iron. Full three axis interpolated movement with computer variable spindle control. Max travel of 34” x 11.5” on the X and Y. Z axis is quill driven for accuracy. Manual/conventional control as well as CNC control.
CNC Supra Mill 10 x54 w/CVS control: $12,522.00
Easy to learn and operate. It’s your classic vertical knee milling machine with CNC technology on a 10” x 54” table. Max travels of 35.5” x 15.5” on the X and Y. Z axis is quill driven for accuracy. All Cast Iron. Full three axis interpolated movement with computer variable spindle control. Manual/conventional control as well as CNC control.
Check out the Master MX to drive your CNC Supra Mill:
- Small companies: Why pay thousands for outsourcing when you can machine your own parts at a fraction of the cost?
- Large companies: Why pay thousands for a CNC vertical milling machine that comes with unnecessary features when durability and performance are the real concern?
For engineers looking for an economical way to prototype mechanical designs, or CNC machinists needing a high-powered, tough, and precise CNC Knee Mill to mass-produce a single part, the CNC SUPRA Mill and CNC Vertical Knee Mill are the solutions. Manufacturers needing custom parts will find the CNC SUPRA and CNC Vertical Knee Mill to be cost-effective machines that improve productivity by saving tool path programs that can be reused multiple times.
The CNC SUPRA Vertical Mill is a versatile machine that can be used for product development, engraving, and teaching applications for vocation schools or science labs. By using this milling machine, any user can create simple and complex parts with ease.
The SUPRA is truly a unique knee mill. Designed to grant the operator manual access to the machining process while also providing high-quality CNC vertical mill technology for any user, the SUPRA CNC Vertical Mill can make any shop more productive. The easy-to-learn controls grant access to any level of operator and the simple setup process means that the SUPRA can be operational the same day it arrives at your shop. When coupled with the competitive prices of CNC Masters, it comes as no surprise that the CNC SUPRA has become a popular cnc knee mill for machine shops all around the country.
As with all of CNC Masters’ products, the CNC SUPRA Vertical Milling Machine is built here in the United States with only the best domestic and international parts. Our high-quality parts are the reason behind the SUPRA’s superior dependability, which in turn lowers costs for shop owners. All CNC Masters vertical mill controllers adhere to our strict standard and are all made in-house. Finally, since we build our own products, CNC Masters also handles customer support; we will never direct customers to a third party.
To ensure that our customers receive the best service we have to offer, we ask that any questions or concerns be sent to us immediately. While CNC Masters completely backs the CNC SUPRA Vertical Knee Mill, we understand that our customers may wish to discuss our products with us. Contact us at any time so we can help.
If you require financing, we offer financing solutions to help our customers who need the product right now. Use the simple, web-based form to apply or contact us for more information.
See our testimonials for great pictures of our products in action from our satisfied customers.
EVERY CNC SUPRA VERTICAL KNEE MILL IS HAND-TESTED FOR QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE BEFORE LEAVING OUR MANUFACTURING FACILITY IN IRWINDALE, CA.
Both novice and experienced engineers and CNC machinists are excited about the CNC SUPRA knee mill and for good reason. Take greater control over your business, whether it is development or fast and reliable production of parts and products key to your operation.
The CNC SUPRA vertical mill was designed for the practical user in mind. Flexibility, ease of use, and a quick learning curve makes this model a must have for both large and small business operations. Smaller companies no longer have to consider outsourcing their valuable and proprietary products and parts, while large firms can focus on using their equipment as efficiently as possible when they employ the CNC SUPRA Veritcal Knee Mill on a regular basis.
The CNC SUPRA Milling Machine has been used for product development, engraving and even as a valuable teaching application for vocational schools and science labs. This versatility keeps this machine in high demand; many shops find their productivity soars when they install and use this incredible piece of machinery on a regular basis. Knowing that all CNC SUPRA Vertical Mills are fully tested and approved before being shipped to our growing list of satisfied customers makes certain that you are off and running with as little delay as possible.
Since all CNC Masters machines are made in America, it is logical that we also provide a top-flight, reliable customer support system to work directly with each client. You never have to wonder if you are talking to someone with little or no idea of our product line; all technicians ready to serve you are completely knowledgeable about all of our equipment and we encourage any and all questions from our user base.
Finally, keep in mind that at CNC Masters, we are also ready to assist you in financing your CNC products. This allows you to get a quick delivery and installation of your CNC SUPRA Knee Mill and get you up and running in as little time as possible.
If you already have an existing vertical knee milling machine, you don’t have to purchase a new one to enjoy new features. Our CNC SUPRA Vertical Knee Mill Retrofit Kit can revitalize it with modern controlling systems, breathing new life into a dependable machine. The Retrofit Kit is easy to install and our staff is always within reach if a problem arises.
Contact CNC Masters today and see your profits rise!
Try out the new Master MX. The MX works exclusively with the CNC Masters MX Numerical Control Units now being built with our CNC milling and lathe machines. Request a free copy below.
- Easy Wizard Cycles for quick tool path creations such circle patterns and profiles, slots, rectangular pocketing, thread milling, rigid tapping (with optional encoder kit) and peck drilling applications.
- Import FANUC based G and M code programs from your CAM software. We also offer Visualmill CAM as an option which comes with a post processor made for CNC Masters machinery.
G00 = Position (Fast speed)
G01 = Linear interpolation (Feed speed)
G02 = Circular interpolation (CW)
G03 = Circular Counter-clockwise interpolation (CCW) Format: X__Y__I__J__ I,J are relative distance from start to center. Z can be added for helical designs.G40 = Cancels G41 and/or G42
G41 = Tool Radius compensation left
G42 = Tool Radius compensation right
G70 = Input in inches
G71 = Input in millimeters
G73 = High-Speed Peck Drilling Cycle
G81 = Drilling Cycle
G82 = Counter Boring Cycle
G80 = Cancel Cycle
G83 = Deep Hole Peck Drilling Cycle
G90 = Absolute move (Modal)
G91 = Relative/Incremental move (Modal)M00 = Pause
M03 = Spindle on
M04 = Spindle on reverse
M05 = Spindle off
M08 = Coolant on
M09 = Coolant off
M30 = End program
- Don’t know G-codes? Choose your Conversational Commands from our Pick Menu and simply type in your coordinates or mix it in with G-code commands right in the Editor.
- View your tool path program in 2D or 3D in Simulation Mode.
- Use your touch screen monitor – desktop or laptop – Windows 7, 8, or 10 – 64 bit operating systems to drive your CNC machine in pendant style.
- The MX is designed for PC use. Dedicate your PC or or order from us an All in One Touch Screen Computer with mounting arm for your machine.
- No additional hardware needed. Plugs in by simple USB connection. The CNC Masters MX Control Unit is built with direct USB connection. No internal port conversions or having to use other hard-to-locate platforms.
Check out the New Master MX
The MX supports…
- Tool Height Compensation up to Ten Tools within one program
- Tool Radius Offsets
- Feed Hold – step through each line in the program while opting to shut the spindle off and then resume program
- Pause in the middle of a program
- Coolant Control – optional
- Variable Spindle Control from 0 to max – optional
- Spindle Encoder for rigid tapping – optional
- Jog Feed/Teach Mode – create a program simply by jogging your axes
- Feed and Spindle Speed Over-Rides on the fly
- Relative exact movement positioning without writing a program — type in one movement and one-click your jog +/- arrow to drive that exact movement
- Start from another location other than 0.00 – just preset the new coordinates directly into the counters
- Press Go from another location in your program to drive your cutter
- Save 0.00 “and” a home offset position for future program runs
- Live Counter Display during computer numerical control movement without jumping ahead
- Displays and runs in either inches or millimeters
- 4th axis interpolation – simultaneous motion with the other axes – optional
- Rapids up to 100″/minute
- Trace Mode – Run one line independently at a time from beginning to end in your program to help you study the movement and establish your setup
- Editor Locked/Unlocked to easily write and edit your program and prevent accidental typing during a program run
- Displays Run Time
- Hot Keys – if your preference is to control your machine by keyboard such as the arrows, space bar, and letters simply open the Hot Keys command
- Run Sub-Routine programs using CALL for nesting applications or to mass produce the same part on a constant loop.
- Disable Motors — Easily disable motors to hand crank each axis. Re-engage the motors for cnc control in one click.
Disable Anti-Virus/Firewall prior to downloading the software.
Installation instructions: After it has finished downloading, place the zipped folder on your desktop. Right click on it. Choose “Extract All.” You can now access your Master MX files folder. Double click on MasterMX.exe (application) to open the Master MX. You can also right click over “MasterMX.exe” to create a short-cut icon right on your desktop screen. (For Master XU users only: please note that the MX is not compatible with the XU control unit.)
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for taking the time to view the exclusive CNC Supra vertical milling machine, engineered and manufactured by CNC Masters incorporated in the USA. CNC prides itself in offering high quality CNC milling machines at competitive prices.
Many satisfied customers in the USA and around the world are enjoying the numerous uses of the CNC Supra milling machine. Because of its unique turn-key design, the Supra mill allows the novice or experienced Supra user to quickly gain control and master its operating features saving the user valuable time without on-site training. This is especially important if the user is under pressure to quickly prototype a part or has promised customers a quick turnaround.
The CNC Supra can be used for primary or secondary operations, prototyping or even mass producing a part for a client with materials as soft as foam, wax, plastic and wood to as hard as aluminum and even titanium and steel. Unlike other CNC milling machines, the CNC Supra does not require an advanced technical setup of the controller or software.
Overall, the CNC Supra milling machine is a ridged, simple automated system designed for the user who needs easy to use features and desires to design two or three dimensional applications immediately. You can jog your accesses with the touch of your PC mouse, keyboard or optional hand help remote control. You have feed control, relative control for exact driving distance of each access, optional cooling control and optional spinal speed control as well.
The CNC Supra is a versatile machine with X, Y and Z precision preloaded ball-nuts anti-backlash ball screws for precise machining of parts, detailed fine engraving with our engraving attachments and has true forth access optional control as well. The CNC Supra mill can accept simple English commands for quick and easy tool path programs or if you are cutting complex parts such as these, the Supra can accept g-code files from popular cad cam software’s as long as the user obtains the proper post processers from them.
In this demonstration we are showing a complex acorn three-dimensionally shaped part of a mold being machined from a g-code file generated from a popular cad cam software. You will note the complexity of this design by its many circular patterns and the horizontal and vertical planes. Using aluminum, this part is machined in three separate programs. The first program is a roughing tool path using a half inch flat cutter. The second program requires a quarter inch flat cutter for finished roughing and the last program will complete and finish the part using a quarter-inch ball cutter. For the sake of time, we are phasing in and out to show you the significant advances of all three programs as the CNC Supra machines the part noting the accurate interpolation of its three axis’s.
If you are interested in the CNC Supra mill, we would love to earn your business. Please, feel free to correspond with us at email@example.com or call us (number located on our website) should you have any questions or would like to receive a quote. We know time is money and our staff is committed to providing email or phone support in a timely manner should the need arise once you place an order with us. We also aim to take our after sale support just as serious and trying to earn your business.
Again, we thank you for taking the time to view the CNC Masters CNC Supra vertical mill and we hope that we can meet your machining needs without breaking the bank.
The CNC SUPRA Control Unit
The CNC MASTERS Control Unit is designed to work hand in hand with our custom proprietary user friendly MASTER software program. This custom software has been optimized to work with 32 or 64 bit operating systems: Windows 7, or Windows XP Pro with SP2 or better through your standard USB port. The MASTER software features a main windows panel interface that will allow the novice user to easily control the program and the machining of parts.
The MASTER software runs standard FANUC G-Code files from CAD-CAM softwares such as SmartCam, SurfCam, etc. The Master software also features its own programming language. It uses plain conversational language like “Move, Absolute, Incremental, Repeat, Rapid, Feed, Spindle on, etc.,” which are all self explanatory. See our complete specs on the CNC SUPRA Master Operating Software by clicking here.