CNC Baron® Milling Machine
$6,500.00 – $6,250.00
***Test out the Master MX to run your CNC Mill and be sure to check out the video here: Master MX Intro Video
CNC Masters presents a new CNC Mill, The CNC Baron, to our line of CNC milling machines. It is specifically designed for the machinist who needs both efficient and compact equipment at an excellent value. The CNC Baron Milling Machine is turn-key, and easy to both learn and operate. The CNC Baron Milling Machine is durable with a cast iron body without the size of a larger machine. With the smaller frame of the CNC Baron, it is perfect for large and small manufacturing plants, machine shops, and a variety of other institutions that require the mass production of a single part. Our custom CNC Master software is included with every purchase of out CNC mills. Our software runs on Windows operating systems. The CNC Baron Milling Machine comes with a one year warranty. In addition to a one year warranty, our company provides comprehensive quality testing on all of our machines.
Customer satisfaction is our number one priority here at CNC Masters. We offer product support for the CNC Baron Mill and its operational software by phone or e-mail for as long as you or your company owns the CNC machine. We even transfer this support offer when the machine is sold to someone else. Click below for a hassle free quick quote for freight costs. If you have any questions, we are just a phone call or email away.
- Full 3 Axis (4th optional) coordinated motion control on bipolar motors.
- [X=21.5″] x [Y=7″] of Travel.
- Custom CNC Master Software included
- Works with USB connection, 64 bit operating systems: Windows 10, 8, or 7
- Powerful X, Y, and Z axis micro-stepper motors – size 34 with 1200 in/oz torque
CNC Baron® Milling Machine Specifications
|X Axis: Left/Right Table Travel||21.5" (546 mm)|
|Y Axis: Front/Back Saddle Travel||7" (175 mm)|
|Z Axis: Spindle Up/Down Travel||5" (127 mm)|
|Maximum Distance from Spindle Nose to Table||18" (450 mm)|
|Swivel Angle of Headstock at Perpendicular Direction||+/- 90 Degrees|
|Drilling Capacity||.75" (19.05 mm)|
|Face Mill Capacity||3” (76.2 mm)|
|End Mill Capacity||.75" (19.05mm)|
|Working Area of Table - Table Specs with T-Slots||31.5" x 9.5" (800 mm x 240 mm)|
|Spindle Taper||R8 Collet|
|Spindle Motor and Power – Computer Variable Spindle Control||2 HP; 208, 220-240vac single phase|
|Spindle 6 Speeds Gear Head with Oil Bath for Stronger Torque||60 HZ: 130, 235, 415, 600, 1135, 2000 RPMs
50 HZ: 105, 195, 345, 500, 945, 1670 RPMs
|Limit Switches on Opposite Ends of Travel||X Y Z|
|Max Rapid on X Y Z||100 IPM (2540 mm/m)|
|One-Shot Oil Pump||Lubricates Dovetail Ways, Tapered Gibs, and Quill|
|Machine Body and Head||Cast Iron|
|Computer Connection||USB Port, Windows PC 64 bit 7, 8, 10|
|X Y Z W Stepper Motors||NEMA 34, Bi-Polar, 1200 in/oz of torque|
|Overall Length w/out X motor (left end of table to right end)||35.375” (898.525 mm)|
|Overall Width w/out controllers and Y motor (front to back of machine)||27.75” (704.85 mm)|
|Overall Length (left end of table to right end of X motor handle)||42” (1067 mm)|
|Overall Width (back of machine with controllers to front end of Y motor handle)||42” (1067 mm)|
|Machine Height (without machine stand)||42” (1060 mm)|
|Machine Stand Height||30” (760 mm)|
|Machine Stand Chip Pan||30.75” x 22.875” (781 mm x 581 mm)|
|Machine Base 4 Bolt Pattern to Stand||22.25” x 12.75” (505.15 mm x 323.85 mm)|
|Max Movement Area||62.5" (1587.5 mm) x 42" (1067 mm)|
Baron CNC Milling Machine Power Requirements
|CNC BARON MILLING MACHINE|
|110VAC dedicated circuit with a NEMA 5-15R|
|208, 220 to 240 VAC, single phase with ground @ 15 amp service required|
Baron CNC Milling Machine Tolerances
|Accuracy||+/- 0.003" in 12" (+/- 0.00025 per inch)|
|Resolution||0.0002" (or .01 mm)|
NOTE: The CNC Control Unit is available in either 110 or 220VAC models. The 110 VAC model will be shipped unless otherwise requested.
Can the Baron CNC Milling machine fit through a 35” – 36” door way?Yes it can. Move the milling machine in diagonally. The X and Y motors are disconnected from the axes for shipping purposes. You can remove the hand cranks off each motor, stick ½” bolt into them and easily mount and secure the hand cranks directly to the X and Y ball screws to drive and position the axes so that you can move the machine through the doorway without having to dismantle it. However, it is certainly possible to dismantle the milling machine by removing a few bolts. Call or email us to walk you through this procedure.
Can I fit the Baron cnc machine in a basement?It is possible. Make sure your stair ways can support the weight of the machine. Use a refrigerator type dolly, strap the machine to it. Use ¾” plywood to rest over the stairs, use a hoist with ratchet to gently lower the machine down the stairs. Follow all recommended safety cautions.
- This CNC milling machine is designed to work with 64 bit operating systems: Windows 10, 8, 7 through your standard USB port.
- Powerful X, Y, and Z-axis micro-stepper motors are size 34 with 1200 in/oz. of torque. Stronger torque coupled with micro-stepping motion allows the Baron CNC milling machine to perform accurately without losing steps.
- The minimum possible motion is .0002″ with a minimum speed of 0.20″ per minute. The maximum speed is 100″ per minute on your Rapid Settings with ramp down effect to keep the cnc milling machine from jerking.
- The Baron CNC Milling Machine provides full 3 Axis or optional 4 Axis coordinated motion control on bipolar motors–far superior over unipolar technology when it comes to torque and power. True Interpolation!
- Head tilts for angled drilling, horizontal milling, slotting and more
- Dovetail ways on the column, X table, and Y saddle for precision alignment and movement
- One-Shot Oil Lube on all dovetails and ways
- This CNC milling machine features Spindle Lock to easily change tools
- The Baron features Hand-Wheels on each axis for manual option machining with motor disengage feature to retain spindle speed control
- X & Y Axes Zero Backlash Ball Screws with pre-loaded ball nuts to eliminate play on the table and saddle travel, and provides precision machining down to +/- 0.00025″ in one inch. These custom-made precision ball screws allow for precision conventional and climb milling operations and accurate circular and contour cuts without time consuming setups.
- The Baron cnc milling machine has the Z Axis pre-load arranged to eliminate backlash on the up/down travel
- X & Y Direct Drives–no timing belts to adjust. This results in smoother operations and ensures accuracy unlike pulley and belt drive methods which can cause the belt to buckle causing inaccurate results. This unique design of direct drive keeps the user without having the need to change the belt or adjust as it wears down.
- The Baron CNC milling machine features Home Reference Sensors on the X, Y, & Z which saves your home/zero position as the first line of your program. This feature allows you to quickly return to the home position on any program without having to manually zero your three axes again.
- Limit Switches on all opposite extreme ends of X, Y, & Z travel allowing you to confidently test your program without having to worry about an axis travel to its end and causing damage to machine.
- Tool Height Compensation with Automatic Quill Retraction for easy R8 collet tool change
- Tool Cutter Radius Offset Compensation
- Run your tool path from any line on your program
- Easy to Use Jogging Features and Feed Control by pc mouse or keyboard
- Jog-Input Command automatically writes each line of your tool path as you manually jog each axis by pc mouse, keyboard, or the optional hand held remote control joystick to save as a program for repeat use.
- Software Power Feed capabilities on X, Y, Z, and W with one click of the pc mouse for exact relative driving distance.
- Hooks up to your PC, comes pre-built from the factory, and is completely tested before shipping out.
- The Baron cnc milling machine is pre-engineered for you when it comes to pitch and resolution. No axis or motor tuning needed at setup. No additional parameters set-up required. Display resolution is 0.0001 micro-stepping travel. Just start using it.
- Runs files from popular CAD-CAM softwares that produce standard G-Codes such as Mastercam, Surfcam, etc to machine and engrave intricate and detailed parts.
- Load DXF files from graphic programs such as CorelDRAW into CAM softwares to machine or engrave detailed parts from scanned images.
- Easily build a file of commands to machine simple parts such as drilling operations without the need to learn to use a CAD-CAM program.
- Digital Read Out Display of your X, Y, Z, (and optional W) counters on your computer screen in INCHES or METRIC using your PC mouse, keyboard, or our optional Hand Held Remote Control.
- Can add fourth axis, engraving attachment, coolant, quick tool change, and splash guard shield from our line of accessories to the CNC Baron Milling Machine
- Computer Controlled Variable Spindle Speed with gear-head to change speeds quickly while retaining torque. Program your spindle’s speed in the Master Software through M-codes, simple english conversational commands, or on/off with your PC mouse. It also allows you to disengage power from the axis motors to allow for manual machining while still retaining computer control of the spindle.
- Easy user-friendly setup for any beginner or experienced machinist. Easy to learn and operate. See our testimonials.
- The Baron cnc milling machine is backed by our CNC MASTERS ONE YEAR WARRANTY or extend it for two more years.
- Unlimited “life-long” operational Tech Support step-by-step trouble shooting and walk-through process by email or phone support Monday-Friday PST during normal business hours for as long as your company owns the machine.
- Easy to repair, replace parts, and maintain unlike costly servo systems that need to be serviced by a trained technician.
- Free Master Operating Software Updates for as long as the hardware can support it.
- Discounted Prices for Existing Customers of CNC MASTERS. Check out our CNC Baron Milling Machine Package Prices!
WE SUPPORT THE COMPLETE CNC Baron MILLING CENTER INCLUDING ITS OPERATIONAL SOFTWARE BY PHONE OR EMAIL.
The CNC Baron Mill is durable and precise with a cast-iron body, with dovetail ways on the square column for vertical alignment. It is a versatile bench top mid-size CNC mill made for the user who needs both primary and secondary CNC machining applications.
This cnc milling machine features the performance of larger CNC models without taking up as much floor space, making it a great purchase for large and small manufacturing plants, machine shops, research institutions, colleges, universities, high schools, engineers needing quick prototype 3D parts, and operations that require the mass production of a single part.
The Baron, our new CNC mill is a great investment for business owners who lower costs by creating their own parts. The mill is simple to operate, offering immediate efficiency solutions that save the operation both time and money. The CNC Baron milling machine is proudly assembled right here in the U.S.A., and it combines both imported and American-made parts in order to offer our clients the most competitive pricing anywhere. Every milling machine at CNC Masters is hand-tested for quality and performance before leaving the manufacturing facility in California.
CNC milling machines have an important role in the quick and accurate production of high precision components. Since there are different types of advanced milling machines on the market, here are some basic features of these machines explained:
CNC machines exist in two different forms.
When the spindle performs horizontal cutting, it is known as horizontal milling machine, whereas the vertical machining center has its cutting tool positioned accordingly. The head of the CNC Baron Milling Machine tilts for angled drilling, horizontal milling, slotting, and more. Its dovetail ways on the column, X table, and Y saddle allow for precision alignment and movement.
They involve versatile movements of both the cutter and work piece.
Unlike conventional machining centers, the milling process involves controlled movements of both work pieces and cutters based on the integrated software control. These features can actually perform complex parts production based on versatile cutting movements, which is the reason CNC mills are available in different models – 3, 4, and 5-axis machines. The CNC Baron Mill has full 3 Axis (or optional 4 Axis) coordinated motion control on bipolar motors, which is far superior over the unipolar technology in terms of torque and power.
The operation is based on a software control system.
Most CNC milling machines are computer programmed to perform intricate milling operations that aim to minimize contact between the operator and the cutting tools.
These are available in various sizes based on the sizes of the components.
These machines have different sizes which are custom-made for producing various component sizes. The large size CNC milling machines are meant for producing large parts, and vice versa.
Precision Machining using CNC Milling has many user benefits, including:
- Components Produced with Repetition and Accuracy
- 3D Complex Components Made with Ease
- Programs and Fixtures Can be Saved to Reduce Repeat Setup Costs
- High-Speed Precision Machining Shortens Lead Times
- Most Materials (Including Hardened Steels) Can be Cut with New Cutter Technology
The CNC Baron machine and controller are built to stock in-house in the USA. We do not buy and re-sell our CNC Driving System. So we’ll never bounce you to a third-party vendor for limited support to either their controller or another vendor’s machine.
CNC Baron Milling Machine
The Baron model cast iron CNC milling machine is a turn-key solution specifically designed for those who need efficiency in a compact space.
CNC Milling Machine
Manufactured by: CNC Masters
Try out the new Master MX. The MX works exclusively with the CNC Masters MX Numerical Control Units now being built with our CNC milling and lathe machines. Request a free copy below.
- Easy Wizard Cycles for quick tool path creations such circle patterns and profiles, slots, rectangular pocketing, thread milling, rigid tapping (with optional encoder kit) and peck drilling applications.
- Import FANUC based G and M code programs from your CAM software. We also offer Visualmill CAM as an option which comes with a post processor made for CNC Masters machinery.
G00 = Position (Fast speed)
G01 = Linear interpolation (Feed speed)
G02 = Circular interpolation (CW)
G03 = Circular Counter-clockwise interpolation (CCW) Format: X__Y__I__J__ I,J are relative distance from start to center. Z can be added for helical designs.G40 = Cancels G41 and/or G42
G41 = Tool Radius compensation left
G42 = Tool Radius compensation right
G70 = Input in inches
G71 = Input in millimeters
G73 = High-Speed Peck Drilling Cycle
G81 = Drilling Cycle
G82 = Counter Boring Cycle
G80 = Cancel Cycle
G83 = Deep Hole Peck Drilling Cycle
G90 = Absolute move (Modal)
G91 = Relative/Incremental move (Modal)M00 = Pause
M03 = Spindle on
M04 = Spindle on reverse
M05 = Spindle off
M08 = Coolant on
M09 = Coolant off
M30 = End program
- Don’t know G-codes? Choose your Conversational Commands from our Pick Menu and simply type in your coordinates or mix it in with G-code commands right in the Editor.
- View your tool path program in 2D or 3D in Simulation Mode.
- Use your touch screen monitor – desktop or laptop – Windows 7, 8, or 10 – 64 bit operating systems to drive your CNC machine in pendant style.
- The MX is designed for PC use. Dedicate your PC or or order from us an All in One Touch Screen Computer with mounting arm for your machine.
- No additional hardware needed. Plugs in by simple USB connection. The CNC Masters MX Control Unit is built with direct USB connection. No internal port conversions or having to use other hard-to-locate platforms.
Check out the New Master MX
The MX supports…
- Tool Height Compensation up to Ten Tools within one program
- Tool Radius Offsets
- Feed Hold – step through each line in the program while opting to shut the spindle off and then resume program
- Pause in the middle of a program
- Coolant Control – optional
- Variable Spindle Control from 0 to max – optional
- Spindle Encoder for rigid tapping – optional
- Jog Feed/Teach Mode – create a program simply by jogging your axes
- Feed and Spindle Speed Over-Rides on the fly
- Relative exact movement positioning without writing a program — type in one movement and one-click your jog +/- arrow to drive that exact movement
- Start from another location other than 0.00 – just preset the new coordinates directly into the counters
- Press Go from another location in your program to drive your cutter
- Save 0.00 “and” a home offset position for future program runs
- Live Counter Display during computer numerical control movement without jumping ahead
- Displays and runs in either inches or millimeters
- 4th axis interpolation – simultaneous motion with the other axes – optional
- Rapids up to 100″/minute
- Trace Mode – Run one line independently at a time from beginning to end in your program to help you study the movement and establish your setup
- Editor Locked/Unlocked to easily write and edit your program and prevent accidental typing during a program run
- Displays Run Time
- Hot Keys – if your preference is to control your machine by keyboard such as the arrows, space bar, and letters simply open the Hot Keys command
- Run Sub-Routine programs using CALL for nesting applications or to mass produce the same part on a constant loop.
- Disable Motors — Easily disable motors to hand crank each axis. Re-engage the motors for cnc control in one click.
Disable Anti-Virus/Firewall prior to downloading the software.
Installation instructions: After it has finished downloading, place the zipped folder on your desktop. Right click on it. Choose “Extract All.” You can now access your Master MX files folder. Double click on MasterMX.exe (application) to open the Master MX. You can also right click over “MasterMX.exe” to create a short-cut icon right on your desktop screen. (For Master XU users only: please note that the MX is not compatible with the XU control unit.)
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.
CNC Baron® Milling Machine Control Unit
The Control Unit is a microcomputer based micro-stepper motor driver with 4D interpolation capabilities. It accepts motion commands from your host computer through a standard USB port, making it easier for the user to connect to his computer in the industry. The Control Unit can drive up to 4 motors. The Control Unit is mounted directly on the back of your CNC Baron Mill out of your work space unlike other models that require a separate stand. Other optional outputs are the coolant, and spindle controls. The power requirement are 5 amperes at 115VAC.
Upon request for international orders, we can re-wire the Control Unit to meet 220-240vac standards at no extra charge.