the first table top model to have true ball screw accuracy in all THREE Axes!"
WE SUPPORT THE COMPLETE CNC MAX MILLING CENTER INCLUDING ITS OPERATIONAL SOFTWARE BY PHONE OR EMAIL.
The CNC MAX has a heavy-duty cast-iron body with dovetail ways on the square column for precise vertical alignment. It's a versatile bench top mid-size CNC mill made for primary or secondary CNC machining applications. This CNC machine is intended for the user WHO NEEDS IT ALL like the performance of a CNC Bridgeport-type size machine without taking up the floor space like larger CNC machinery. The CNC MAX Table Top Mill is a great purchase for machine shops, research institutions, colleges, universities, high schools, engineers who need to quickly prototype 3D parts, and one-man operations who need to mass produce hundreds of the same single part in their home garage-turned-shop. The CNC MAX Milling Machine makes a great investment tool for business owners who would rather save money by machining their own parts instead of contracting the order out. SAVE YOUR BUDGET, TIME, AND BEGIN CUTTING PARTS THE SAME DAY! The CNC MAX is made in the USA combining parts made in the USA and abroad allowing us to bring the savings to you. EVERY CNC MAX IS HAND TESTED FOR QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE BEFORE LEAVING OUR MANUFACTURING FACILITY IN IRWINDALE, CA USA
CNC MAX® Milling Machine Features
- Designed to work with 32 or 64 bit operating systems: Windows 7, or Windows XP Pro with SP2 or better through your standard USB port
- Powerful X, Y, and Z-axis micro-stepper motors are size 34 with 1200 in/oz. of torque. Stronger torque coupled with micro-stepping motion allows the CNC MAX to perform accurately without losing steps.
- The minimum possible motion is .0001” with a minimum speed of 0.5” per minute. The maximum speed is 100” per minute on your Rapid Settings with ramp down effect to keep the machine from jerking.
- Full 3 Axis or optional 4 Axis coordinated motion control on bipolar motors--far superior over unipolar technology when it comes to torque and power. True Interpolation!
- X travel 21.5" by Y travel 10.5"
- 2 HP speed up to 4500 RPMs. Two step pully and belt combination.
- Head tilts for angled drilling, horizontal milling, slotting and more
- Dovetail ways on the column, X table, and Y saddle for precision alignment and movement
- One-Shot Oil Lube on all dovetails and ways
- Spindle Lock to easily change tools
- Hand-Wheels on each axis for manual option machining with motor disengage feature to retain spindle speed control
- X & Y Axes Zero Backlash Ball Screws with pre-loaded ball nuts to eliminate play on the table and saddle travel, and provides precision machining down to +/- 0.00025" in one inch. These custom-made precision ball screws allow for precision conventional and climb milling operations and accurate circular and contour cuts without time consuming setups.
- Z Axis pre-loaded arrangement to eliminate backlash on the up/down travel
- X & Y Direct Drives--no timing belts to adjust. This results in smoother operations and ensures accuracy unlike pulley and belt drive methods which can cause the belt to buckle causing inaccurate results. This unique design of direct drive keeps the user without having the need to change the belt or adjust as it wears down.
- Home Reference Sensors on the X, Y, & Z which saves your home/zero position as the first line of your program. This feature allows you to quickly return to the home position on any program without having to manually zero your three axes again.
- Limit Switches on all extreme ends of X, Y, & Z travel allowing you to confidently test your program without having to worry about an axis travel to its end and causing damage to machine.
- Tool Height Compensation with Automatic Quill Retraction for easy R8 collet tool change
- Tool Cutter Radius Offset Compensation
- Run your tool path from any line on your program
- Easy to Use Jogging Features and Feed Control by pc mouse or keyboard
- Jog-Input Command automatically writes each line of your tool path as you manually jog each axis by pc mouse, keyboard, or the optional hand held remote control joystick to save as a program for repeat use.
- Software Power Feed capabilities on X, Y, Z, and W with one click of the pc mouse for exact relative driving distance.
- Hooks up to your PC, comes pre-built from the factory, and is completely tested before shipping out.
- Pre-engineered for you when it comes to pitch and resolution. No axis or motor tuning needed at setup. No additional parameters set-up required. Display resolution is 0.0001 micro-stepping travel. Just start using it.
- Runs files from popular CAD-CAM softwares that produce standard G-Codes such as Mastercam, Surfcam, etc to machine and engrave intricate and detailed parts.
- Load DXF files from graphic programs such as CorelDRAW into CAM softwares to machine or engrave detailed parts from scanned images.
- Easily build a file of commands to machine simple parts such as drilling operations without the need to learn to use a CAD-CAM program.
- Digital Read Out Display of your X, Y, Z, (and optional W) counters on your computer screen in INCHES or METRIC using your PC mouse, keyboard, or our optional Hand Held Remote Control.
- Can add fourth axis, engraving attachment, coolant, quick tool change, and splash guard shield from our line of accessories to the CNC MAX Mill
- Computer Controlled Variable Spindle Speed with gear-head to change speeds quickly while retaining torque. Program your spindle's speed in the Master Software through M-codes, simple english conversational commands, or on/off with your PC mouse. It also allows you to disengage power from the axis motors to allow for manual machining while still retaining computer control of the spindle.
- Easy user-friendly setup for any beginner or experienced machinist. Easy to learn and operate. See our testimonials.
- Backed up by our CNC MASTERS ONE YEAR WARRANTY or extend it for two more years.
- Unlimited "life-long" operational Tech Support step-by-step trouble shooting and walk-through process by email or phone support Monday-Friday PST during normal business hours for as long as your company owns the machine.
- Easy to repair, replace parts, and maintain unlike costly servo systems that need to be serviced by a trained technician.
- Free Master Operating Software Updates for as long as the hardware can support it.
- Discounted Prices for Existing Customers of CNC MASTERS. Check out our CNC MAX Package Prices!
CNC MAX® Machine Specifications
|X Axis: Left/Right table travel||21.5" (546 mm)|
|Y Axis: Front/Back saddle travel||10.5" (266.7 mm)|
|Z Axis: Spindle Up/Down travel||4.5" (114.3 mm)|
|Maximum Distance from Spindle nose to table||18" (450 mm)|
|Swivel Angle of Headstock at Perpendicular direction||+/- 90 Degrees|
|Drilling Capacity||0.75" (19.05)|
|Face mill capacity||3.25" (82.550)|
|End mill Capacity||0.75" (19.05)|
|Working area of table||31.5" x 9.5" (800 mm x 240 mm)|
|Spindle taper||R8 Collets|
|Spindle Motor and Power||2 HP; 208, 220-240vac single phase|
|Spindle 6 Speeds||60 HZ: 1680, 4500 RPMs (approx)
50 HZ: 1360, 3640 RPMs (approx)
|Machine Height (without machine stand)||42" (1060 mm)|
|Machine Stand Height||30" (760 mm)|
|Overall length (left end of table to right end of X motor handle)||42" (1067 mm)|
|Overall width (back of machine to front end of Y motor handle)||42" (1067 mm)|
CNC MAX® Milling Machine Tolerances
|Accuracy||+/- 0.003" in 12" (+/- 0.00025 per inch)|
|Resolution||0.0002" (or .01 mm)|
CNC MAX® Milling Machine Control Unit
The Control Unit is a microcomputer based micro-stepper motor driver with 4D interpolation capabilities. It accepts motion commands from your host computer through a standard USB port, making it easier for the user to connect to his computer in the industry. The Control Unit can drive up to 4 motors. The Control Unit is mounted directly on the back of your CNC Baron Mill out of your work space unlike other models that require a separate stand. Other optional outputs are the coolant, and spindle controls. The power requirement are 5 amperes at 115VAC.
Upon request for international orders, we can re-wire the Control Unit to meet 220-240vac standards at no extra charge.
The CNC MASTERS Master Operating Software for the CNC Jr, CNC Baron, CNC MAX, and CNC SUPRA Milling Machines
The CNC MASTERS Control Unit is designed to work hand in hand with our custom proprietary user friendly MASTER software program. This custom software has been optimized to work with 32 or 64 bit operating systems: Windows 7, or XP Pro with SP2 or better through your standard USB port. The MASTER software features a main windows panel interface that will allow the novice user of a CNC Mill to easily control the program and the machining of parts. The Master Software is used to operate the CNC Baron Mill.
The Master software runs standard FANUC G-code files from other CAD-CAM software such as MasterCAM, SmartCam, SurfCam, etc. The Master software also features its own programming language. It uses plain conversational language like "Move, Absolute, Incremental, Repeat, Rapid, Feed, Spindle on, etc.," which are all self explanatory. These commands are conveniently picked from the pull-down menus and placed on the main screen editor ready for the user to complete. You can easily build a file of commands to machine simple parts without the need to learn or use a CAD-CAM program! For example, you need a number of steel pieces drilled with 100 holes, each of 1/2" dia. by 1" deep at 0.600 centers. With a simple program, the CNC Jr. or the CNC Supra can do this operation with minimal supervision. The program will look like this:
002 MOVE X0 Y0 Z0
003 SPINDLE ON FORWARD SPEED 400 RPM
004 COOLANT ON
006 CALL ROW 10 TIMES
007 SPINDLE OFF
008 COOLANT OFF
009 MOVE X0 Y0 Z0
010 END /MAIN PROGRAM
011 ROW /BEGIN SUBPROGRAM
011 MOVE Y-0.6
012 CALL DRILL_COLUMN 10 TIMES
013 END /ROW SUBPROGRAM
014 DRILL_COLUMN /BEGIN SUBPROGRAM
015 MOVE X.6
016 FEED 1.0 /INCHES PER MINUTE
017 MOVE Z-1.1
019 MOVE Z1.1
020 END /DRILL CALL
The ability of the MASTER software to run and repeat "subprograms" with a single command line is a very powerful feature that will save the user considerable manual input and easily program custom "canned cycles" such as large DRILLING REPEATIBLE FILES that can be written with just a few lines. Verifying a new program can be easily done with the "trace" facility. In this mode you can step a program one line at a time and check the XYZ position counters, which serves as your DRO, against the blueprint of the part, or you can activate the "Draw file" command to see a graphic display of your file before you machine the part.
This is another program sample of a simple square with rounded corners:
N01 MOVE X1.0 F5
N02 CCWCIRCLE X1.5 Y0.5 I0 J0.5
N03 MOVE X1.5 Y1.5
N04 CCWCIRCLE X1.0 Y2.0 I-0.5 J0
05 MOVE X0 Y2.0
N06 CCWCIRCLE X-0.5 Y1.5 I0 J-0.5
N07 MOVE Y0.5
N08 CCWCIRCLE X0 Y0 I0.5 J0
Other Master Software Features:
- Tool Height Compensation with Auto Quill Retraction for easy R8 Collet change out
- Relative driving of any precise distance with one click +/- on the chosen axis
- Go From Line Command--allows the user to start his toolpath from any line on his program
- Beep End Program--a beeping sound from the computer to notify the user that the job is done
- Peck Drilling Cycle
- Go Home--recounts its steps back to your Zero position
- Saved Home Positioning--never lose your Zero position again when machining the same part
- Pre-Set--allows you to begin machining at any given value on the X Y Z counters other than zero
- Tool Radius Offsets
- Intuitive Interface with axis jog buttons placed in the viewpoint of the cutter to avoid confusion of direction
USE the CNC MAX with POPULAR CAD-CAM SOFTWARES
With the included G-CODES FILE INTERPRETER, the MASTER software can run files generated by many advanced CAM software packages, like VisualMill CAM software which uses solids and surface machining technology. Or, use others like MASTERCAM, SURFCAM, RHINO, ARTCAM etc. All you need to do is setup your post-processor to match the CNC Masters Milling Machine, and you will be able to machine the most complex surface program that your machining requires. The maximum file size will be controlled by the storage space available on the hard drive of the host computer. With the MASTER editor you can create, edit, load, or mix G-codes with the MASTER command language.
See how the Master Software interprets G-codes using Rhino CAD and VisualMill CAM optional software.
These pictures were given to us by one of our many satisfied customers using a CAD-CAM to machine a motorcycle part on the CNC Jr. Table Top Milling Machine.
G00 = Position (Fast speed)
G01 = Linear interpolation (Feed speed)
G02 = Circular interpolation (CW)
G03 = Circular Counter-clockwise interpolation (CCW)
Format: X__Y__I__J__ I,J are relative distance from start to center. Incremental Z can be added for helical designs.
G17 = Cancels G60 Command
G40 = Cancels G41 and/or G42
G41 = Tool Radius compensation left
G42 = Tool Radius compensation right
G60 = Switch data from Y to W * radius factor
G70 = Input in inches
G71 = Input in millimeters
G73 = High-Speed Peck Drilling Cycle
G81 = Drilling Cycle
G82 = Counter Boring Cycle
G80 = Cancel Cycle
G83 = Deep Hole Peck Drilling Cycle
G90 = Absolute move (Modal)
G91 = Relative/Incremental move (Modal)
M00 = Pause
M03 = Spindle on
M04 = Spindle on reverse
M05 = Spindle off
M08 = Coolant on
M09 = Coolant off
M30 = End program
Below is an engraving of a "ship" drawn out from a CAD software and toolpaths (G-codes) generated from a CAM software. The DRAW feature on the Master Software allows the user to verify that the G-codes generated are interpreted correctly before machining the part.
In this image we show a helical type male threading program generated by a CAD-CAM with the use of conversational sub-routine CALL commands that comes with the Master Software:
N01 \ THIS PROGRAM CUTS 2-1/5-2 THREAD USING A 1/2 DIA. 60 DEGREES DOUBLE
N02 \ ANGLE END MILL CUTTER
N03 SPINDLE ON SPEED 1000 FORWARD
N04 COOLANT ON
N05 G00 X1 Y1.2480 Z0
N06 CALL THREAD 5
N07 SPINDLE OFF
N08 COOLANT OFF
N12 G02 X1 Y1.2480 Z-0.5 I1.0000 J0.0000 F5
A testimonial from our customers, Holgate Enterprises in Florida using a CAD-CAM software on his CNC Supra Mill:
Hi CNC MASTERS,
I wrote the program on BOBCAD. It was a little tricky but basically I used it for a training exercise kinda like mountain climbing! Bobcad uses what they call "Solids". Under this category are "Primitives". There are five choices of these primitives: Sphere, Cube, Cone, Cylinder and Torus.
When using these, you must (always) instruct the program the size of these"parts". A chain is made up basically of Torus's and Cylinders. The torus being the ends (left and right) and the center portion is the cylinders. Unfortunately, the program will not write a half a torus. However, one can draw the whole torus and then"erase" half of it. After the first "Link" is successfully drawn and verified using the "render" command, then its just a matter of copying the link, pasting it (in the correct numerical distance to the right), rotating it 90 degrees (every other link is either vertical or horozontal.) and so on.
Upon completion, it has to be rotated every 90 degrees and ran again until the four quadrants are completed. Also, if you examine the picture, at the corners the two vertical sides finish with a half link turned 90 degrees and the top and bottom ones (shorter) must "meet" these corners too. So, as you can imagine, it was a real task and involved large degrees of visualization and so forth.
VisualMill 6.0 CAM Software
If you have a CAD software already and need a CAM software to produce your G-Codes, the VisualMill 6.0 will be a worthy investment to generate your drawings into G-Codes. The Master Operating software of your CNC Masters milling machines will read your codes and machine your part according to your drawing.
Windows-based 2½, 3 (and 4th axis toolpaths; comes as an ADD-ON) axis solid/surface/STL manufacturing system. Includes VisualMill 6.0 CAM engine, DXF & IGES translator, other CAD imports and configurable post-processor. Includes email and web-based support.
This is a general purpose machining program targeted at the general machinist. This product is ideal for the rapid-prototyping, hobby and educational markets where ease of use is a paramount requirement. Packed with sufficiently powerful manufacturing methods this easy to use package is not only effective but also attractively priced for the budget conscious or entry level buyer.
Available file imports include: IGES, Rhino, Dxf, Dwg, STL, VRML, RAW, Point Cloud.CAD Creation / Editing Tools
- 2D and 3D CAD Creation
- Unlimited Undo
- True Type Font Text
- Measuring Tools
- Thread Milling
- Horizontal Roughing
- Parallel Finishing
- Horizontal Roughing
- Automatic Hole Selection, Sorting
- Reverse Boring
- User-defined drilling cycles
- Toolpath Animation
- Cut Material Simulation
- User customizable post-processor generator
- User defined cycles
- Helix Output
- Spiral Output
- Simulate Cycles
- Direct numerical control
- GCode Analysis Verification Tool
- 4-Axis Indexed Machining
- 4-Axis Continuous Rotary Machining
- 4-Axis Continuous Rotary Engraving
- 4-Axis Parallel Roughing
Retails at: $995.00 CNC MASTER'S Price: $850.00
Rhino© is a 3-D modeling system that can create, edit, analyze, and translate NURBS curves, surfaces, and solids in Windows. VisualMill can read Rhino's native format files (.3dm) directly (without translation) and generate cutter paths accurately and efficiently, ensuring 100% direct translation capabilities.
Start with a sketch, drawing, physical model, or only an idea—Rhino provides the tools to accurately model your designs ready for rendering, animation, drafting, engineering, analysis, and manufacturing.
Rhino can create, edit, analyze, and translate NURBS curves, surfaces, and solids in Windows. There are no limits on complexity, degree, or size. Rhino also supports polygon meshes and point clouds.
Special features include:
Uninhibited free-form 3-D modeling tools like those found only in products costing 20 to 50 times more. Model any shape you can imagine.
Accuracy needed to design, prototype, engineer, analyze, and manufacture anything from an airplane to jewelry.
Compatibility with all your other design, drafting, CAM, engineering, analysis, rendering, animation, and illustration software.
Read and repair extremely challenging IGES files.
Accessible. So easy to learn and use that you can focus on design and visualization without being distracted by the software.
Fast, even on an ordinary laptop computer. No special hardware is needed.
Affordable. Ordinary hardware. Short learning curve. Priced like other Windows software. No maintenance fees.
NURBS: Non-Uniform Rational B-Splines, are mathematical representations of 3-D geometry that can accurately describe any shape from a simple 2-D line, circle, arc, or curve to the most complex 3-D organic free-form surface or solid. Because of their flexibility and accuracy, NURBS models can be used in any process from illustration and animation to manufacturing.
- Pentium, Celeron, or higher processor.
- Windows 98/NT/ME/2000/XP for Intel or AMD.
- 65 MB disk space.
- 128 MB RAM. 256 or more is recommended.
- OpenGL graphic card recommended.
- IntelliMouse recommended.
- 3-D digitizer and 3-D printer optional.
Rhino runs on ordinary Windows desktop and laptop computers, with:
User interface: extremely fast 3-D graphics, unlimited viewports, shaded, working views, perspective working views, coordinate read-out, named views, floating/dockable command area, pop-up recently-used commands, clickable command options, auto-complete command line, customizable pop-up commands, pop-up layer manager, synchronize views, camera-based view manipulation, perspective match image, configurable middle mouse button, customizable icons and user workspace, customizable pop-up toolbar, transparent toolbars, context sensitive right-click menu, dockable dialogs, multiple monitor support, Alt key copy and OpenGL hardware support with anti-aliasing.
User support and documentation: localized interface (user selectable) and documentation, extensive Explorer-like online help, a 500-page manual, electronic updates, automatic service release availability notification, newsgroup support (24x7), telephone support, and e-mail support.
Construction aids: unlimited undo and redo, undo and redo multiple, exact numeric input, units including feet and inches and fractions, .x, .y, .z point filters, object snaps with identifying tag, grid snaps, ortho, planar, named construction planes, next and previous construction planes, orient construction plane on curve, layers, layer filtering, groups, background bitmaps, object hide/show, show selected objects, select by layer, select front most, color, object type, last object, and previous selection set, swap hidden objects, object lock/unlock, unlock selected objects, control and edit points on/off, and points off for selected objects.
Create curves: point, line, polyline, polyline on mesh, free-form curve, circle, arc, ellipse, rectangle, polygon, helix, spiral, conic, TrueType text, point interpolation, control points (vertices), sketch.
Create curves from other objects: through points, through polyline, extend, fillet, chamfer, offset, blend, from 2 views, cross section profiles, intersection, contour on NURBS surface or mesh, section on NURBS surface or mesh, border, silhouette, extract isoparm, projection, pullback, sketch, wireframe, detach trim, 2-D drawings with dimensions and text, flatten developable surfaces, extract points.
Edit curves: control points, edit points, handlebars, smooth, fair, change degree, add/remove knots, add kinks, rebuild, refit, match, simplify, change weight, make periodic, adjust end bulge, adjust seam, orient to edge, convert to arcs, a ployline, or line segments.
Create surfaces: from 3 or 4 points, from 3 or 4 curves, from planar curves, from network of curves, rectangle, deformable plane, extrude, ribbon, rule, loft with tangency matching, developable, sweep along a path with edge matching, sweep along two rail curves with edge continuity, revolve, rail revolve, blend, patch, drape, point grid, heightfield, fillet, chamfer, offset, plane through points, TrueType and Unicode (double-byte) text.
Edit surfaces: control points, handlebars, change degree, add/remove knots, match, extend, merge, join, untrim, split surface by isoparms, rebuild, shrink, make periodic, Boolean (union, difference, intersection), unroll developable surfaces, array along curve on surface.
Create solids: box, sphere, cylinder, tube, pipe, cone, truncated cone, ellipsoid, torus, extrude planar curve, extrude surface, cap planar holes, join surfaces, TrueType text.
Edit solids: fillet edges, extract surface, Booleans (union, difference, intersection).
Create meshes: from NURBS surfaces, from closed polyline, mesh face, plane, box, cylinder, cone, and sphere.
Edit meshes: explode, join, weld, unify normals, apply to surface, reduce polygons.
Edit tools: cut, copy, paste, delete, delete duplicates, move, rotate, mirror, scale, stretch, align, array, join, trim, split, explode, extend, fillet, chamfer, offset, twist, bend, taper, shear, orient, orient planar object on curve, flow along curve, smooth, project, object properties.
Annotation: arrows, dots, dimensions (horizontal, vertical, aligned, rotated, radial, diameter, angle), text blocks, leaders, hidden line removal, Unicode (double-byte) support for text, dimensions, and notes. Dimensions in perspective views are supported.
Analysis: point, length, distance, angle, radius, bounding box, normal direction, area, area centroid, area moments, volume, volume centroid, volume moments, , hydrostatics, surface curvature, geometric continuity, deviation, nearest point, curvature graph on curves and surfaces, naked edges, working surface analysis viewport modes (draft angle, zebra stripe, environment map with surface color blend, show edges, show naked edges, Gaussian curvature, mean curvature, and minimum or maximum radius of curvature).
Rendering: shade, shade (OpenGL), shade selected objects, raytrace render (with textures, bumps, highlights, transparency, spotlights with hotspot, angle and direction control, point lights, directional lights, rectangular lights, linear lights, and shadows, and customizable resolution), render preview (OpenGL), render preview selected objects, turntable, RIB export, POV export, rendering plug-in support, settings saved in file.
File formats supported: DWG/DXF(AutoCAD 200x, 14, 13, and 12 ), SAT (ACIS), X_T (Parasolid), 3DS, LWO, STL, OBJ, AI, RIB, POV, UDO, VRML, BMP, TGA, CSV (export properties and hydrostatics), uncompressed TIFF, STEP, VDA, GHS, SLC, Deep Paint 3D.
IGES (Alias, Ashlar Vellum, AutoFORM, AutoShip, Breault, CADCEUS, CAMSoft, CATIA, Cosmos, Delcam, EdgeCAM, FastSurf, FastSHIP, Integrity Ware, IronCAD, LUSAS, Maya, MAX 3.0, MasterCAM, ME30, Mechanical Desktop, Microstation, NuGraf, OptiCAD, Pro/E, SDRC I-DEAS, Softimage, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, SUM3D, SURFCAM, TeKSoft, Unigraphics), NASA GridTool, Yamaha ESPRi, Tebis.
File management: Notes, templates, merge files, export selected objects, save small, incremental save, bitmap file preview, Rhino file preview, export with origin point, work sessions, blocks, file compression for meshes and preview image, send file via e-mail.
How accurate is Rhino?
Since many free-form modelers are not accurate enough for manufacturing or engineering analysis, and since Rhino is a free-form modeler, many people assume Rhino is not accurate enough for their application.
In fact, Rhino is just as or even more precise than most CAD software. Here are the details:
There are two common methods 3-D models are stored in computers.
The first method is using meshes (sometimes called facets), which are usually used for rendering, animation, or conceptual design. While mesh modelers often have what appear to be precise techniques for creating models like spheres, boxes, splines, or even NURBS, behind the scenes they eventually turn everything into a mesh. Meshes are inherently inaccurate because a mesh is simply a collection flat triangles. Even if the surface is curved, a mesh modeler still represents it with flat triangles. This is fine for most renderings, animations, and games, but not when designing for manufacturing. It should be noted that many manufacturing processes use meshes but the mesh density must be under the control of the manufacturing application to achieve the desired accuracy. Rhino does not use meshes for modeling, but it can convert NURBS to meshes at any density as needed for file exports and rendering.
The second method is NURBS. Most CAD, CAM, CAE, and CAID modelers, including Rhino, represent free-form shapes as NURBS. Products that use NURBS can potentially represent free-form shapes accurately enough for the most demanding application if they are diligent in their NURBS implementation. If an application’s primary focus is machinery design and not free-form shapes, it is likely that its NURBS implementation can be less than robust for demanding free-form modeling. This is typical of the mid-range feature-based parametric solid modelers that are so popular today.
Since Rhino’s focus is free-form NURBS modeling, its NURBS implementation is one of the most robust available today. Here are the primary considerations when evaluating whether a modeler is accurate enough for your application:
- Position. Rhino, like most CAD products, represents position in double-precision floating-point numbers. That means the x, y, or z coordinate of any point can have a value ranging from as large as ±10308 to as small as ±10-308. Most CAD software, including Rhino, uses double-precision floating-point arithmetic.
Because of the limitation of current computer technology, we expect calculations to be accurate to 15 digits of precision in a range from ±1020 to ±10-20. This limitation is found in all modern CAD products.
Older CAD products often have additional limitations because they were developed originally to run on computers with less precision. For example, many CAD modelers are designed for performing calculations on geometry that is restricted to be in a box of size 1000x1000x1000 meters centered at the origin. (Geek alert: Another of the popular off-the-shelf modeling kernels requires parameterizations that are within a factor of 10 of being arc-length parameterizations.) Rhino has none of the limitations found in these older products.
- Intersections. In Rhino, when two free-form surfaces are intersected, the resulting intersection curve is calculated to the accuracy specified by the user. The Rhino default accuracy (tolerance) is 1/100 millimeter. Many CAD systems have built in tolerances that the user cannot override.
If you carefully examine the geometry other modelers produce from free-form surface intersections, free-form fillet creation, and free-form surface offsets, you will discover that this free-form geometry is actually calculated with accuracy between 10-2 and 10-4 meters even though they advertise precision of 10-8 (without mentioning that the units are meters).
- Continuity (curvature change matched across a seam.) Most CAD products don’t even have tools to match curvature, let alone do it accurately enough for a discriminating designer. If your application requires smooth free-form surfaces such as airfoils, hydrofoils, lenses, or reflective surfaces, you need these tools found only in Rhino or high-end surface modeling products like CATIA and Alias.
- Position. Rhino, like most CAD products, represents position in double-precision floating-point numbers. That means the x, y, or z coordinate of any point can have a value ranging from as large as ±10308 to as small as ±10-308. Most CAD software, including Rhino, uses double-precision floating-point arithmetic.
Other things to consider:
- Units. In Rhino the user can specify the units. The units are actually changed and then all calculations are done in those units. In many CAD products, units are only a display attribute. Even though you may have specified millimeters, all of the calculations are actually being done in meters. No big deal. You just move the decimal place over. Wrong! Read on.
- Changing units. Changing units or unit conversions can be one of most commonly overlooked accuracy hazard in CAD/CAM. Most of us might think that converting from imperial units to metric units would introduce some inaccuracy while never giving millimeter to centimeter conversions a thought. Why? Because we think in decimal. But guess what! The computer doesn’t. It is binary (that is base 2, not base 10). That means one or more floating-point multiplies or divides are needed to convert from millimeters to centimeters. The inaccuracies introduced by converting from millimeters to centimeters are the same as those introduced by converting from millimeters to inches.
In summary, Rhino is as accurate or more accurate than any other CAD product on the market today. In addition, Rhino provides tools for setting accuracy and units as well as tools for controlling and evaluating continuity not found in most CAD products. Rhino does not have the limitations found any of the older CAD products.
CNC Masters MAX Milling Machine Accessories
Our most popular CNC accessory, now only $485.00! Almost every customer orders one with their CNC Masters Milling Machine.
Our exclusively designed Hand-held Remote Control gives you greater ease in controlling the CNC Jr., Baron, MAX, or Supra during initial setup as well as during the operation of the machine without using your computer keyboard. Most importantly--you can jog your axes while never having to remove your sight off the part. Machine simple slots, do profiles, and drill holes without booting up your computer.
- Knobs for spindle and feed speed control
- Joystick to jog any of the selected three or four axes which allows the CNC Jr./CNC Baron/CNC MAX/CNC SUPRA to be operated without having to touch your keyboard or manually cranking the Hand Wheels on the motors.
- Micrometer wheel which is located on the bottom of the remote. This feature allows you to position any axis in a minimum increments of approximately .0002" and two added multiple selections to move medium speed and faster speed.
- "GO" button from where you can run your program loaded on the host computer.
- "ZERO" button which allows you to remotely zero any axis during setup.
- Red "KILL" button is located at the top of the remote to be used in the case of an emergency stop.
The Hand Held Remote comes with Velcro on it back for easy mounting on the machine and plugs in directly into the Control Unit through serial port. It is worth adding this accessory to your CNC MASTERS Mill or it retrofit kits for its added convenience and time saving features.
|(Above) One of our oldest customers of roughly 12 years recently sent us these engraving pics from there CNC Jr. Milling Machine. Their testimonials are the kind that keep us happy and pushing to drive some of the best relationships in the business.|
With the CNC Jr., Baron, MAX, or Supra, there is no need to have a separate engraving machine. The optional engraving attachment combined with the 3-D machining ability of the CNC Jr., Baron, or Supra, offers engravers creative opportunities not possible before. Furthermore, with the 4th axis rotary table, you can now engrave on curved surfaces! For example, you could scan the autograph of your favorite baseball player and engrave it on a bat, or you could have a pool cue engraved with your own unique design. CNC MASTERS offers Three Choices:
CNC Jr/Baron Engraver Attachment
AIR TURBINE Air Spindle Attachment (can be used for the CNC Jr, CNC Baron, CNC MAX, or CNC Supra Mills)
You will find that the ease of use and extreme rigidity offered in its design will result in your ability to engrave a superior product using the CNC SUPRA Mill. This product will ensure your ability to machine units at far greater efficiency and cost effectiveness than comparable air driven units. The RotoZip® brand (Manufactured by BOSCH) is a proven workhorse capable of delivering the power and dependability that is needed in our modern machine shop environments. The RotoZip® runs at 30,000 RPMs. Because the unit mounts directly to the quill (Z axis), maximum rigidity is guaranteed. It also provides maximum distance to the table for ample machining space. The CNC SUPRA Engraver Attachment is designed for the user looking for a low cost solution for his/her engraving needs using the CNC SUPRA Milling Machine. (5 amp power, runs on 120v only, contains 1/8, 5/32, & 1/4 collets)
(above) These pictures were sent to us from another satisfied customer using the CNC Supra along with 4th Axis and Supra Engraver.
...."I decided to buy the rotary table at same time as the CNC SUPRA machine itself. Thank the
Lord 'cause about a month later I had a gear cutting job come in for 100 gears at $150 a pop! Paid for the thing 15 times over! The Supra Engraver was a great idea!" --Ed Holdgate, Florida USA
TRUE CNC FOURTH AXIS CONTROL!
The ability of our CNC Control Unit to interpolate one or multiple axis with the 4th axis 6" rotary table, offers more options for machining difficult parts. Our 6" rotary table can be easily jogged and has a minimum motion of 1/100 degree. It can be secured on a horizontal or vertical position. The fourth axis motor is the same as the X, Y, Z motors which are size 34 with 1200 in/oz. of torque and is programmable in the same manner as the X, Y, Z axes. The the motion of the fourth axis can be interpolated with the X, Y and Z. The rotary table is easily removable from our cnc mills when three axis machining is needed only.
Tool change with height compensation. With the CNC Jr., Baron, MAX, or the Supra you can machine production parts that require several tool changes. You can program up to ten different tools. The MASTER software will automatically adjust the Z axis for each tool change. The tool height compensation complements our manual quick tool change system. It only takes a few seconds to release and replace a new cutter from the master holder. This smart investment will pay off in no time. CNC Masters is proud to bring you two options to choose from, the quick tool change system by Royal Products or quick tool change system by Billet Designs.
Royal Products (Master Holder: $515.00; End Mill Holders: $160-$170 each.)
Master Holder and End Mill Holders sold independently
Quick Tool Change Features:
Once installed, tools can be changed in seconds.
Short overhang and positive drive permit many milling and drilling operations.
As simple to install as an R8 end mill holder; no machine modification necessary.
Female taper of body ground to .0002" TIR in relation to R8 taper.
Male taper of individual tool holders ground to .0002" TIR in relation to tool holder diameter.
Tools are easy to remove and install with one hand.
Very little clearance is needed between the tool and workpiece when changing tools. This greatly reduces the amount of time spent moving the table or retracting the quill when changing the toolholders.
The body can be left in the spindle, reducing wear on the spindle from constant tool changes.
Tool is designed for light/medium-duty milling. We recommend using a solid end mill holder for heavy milling (5/8" and larger). Note: A collar locking screw is provided on each unit and should be engaged for the following applications: Operation above 3,000 rpm. When milling diameters of 3/4 " or larger. When performing heavy milling.
Made in the UK.
CNC Jr./Baron/MAX Splash Guard Shield Kit
PROTECT YOUR SURROUNDING FROM COOLANT SPLASH AND DEBRIS
The CNC Jr./Baron/MAX Splash Guard Shield Kit is an ideal accessory for the user who cannot afford to make a big mess around his/her working station. The Splash Shield Kit is designed to be used with the CNC Jr. Milling Machine. It will "limit only" debris and coolant splash from flying all over your shop, classroom, or research lab. Your kit comes complete with shields, hardware, and mounting instructions. (Drilling and tapping of the CNC Jr., Baron, or MAX will be required. Shields are intended to only help safeguard the surrounding environment from debris and splash.)
We also carry a line of tooling for your CNC Jr., Baron, MAX, or CNC Supra:
Range in size from 1/8" to 3/4" by 1/16ths.
6 PC HSS End Mills Set
6 piece HSS end mill set includes 2 flute center cutting end mills in the following sizes: 1/8", 3/16", 1/4", 5/16", 3/8", 1/2". All the end mills have a 3/8
Click the button below to order your CNC MAX!
- Product Page
- Control Unit
- Master Software
- CAD/CAM Software
- MAX Accessories
- Current Prices/Package Deals
|← Same Video, but pops-up|
|One Page View of Entire Specs and Description|
|PRICES AND CATALOG|
One-Year Warranty and On-Going Support
All components and accessories on the CNC MAX are individually tested and the entire milling center is tested for quality assurance before shipment. The CNC MAX is backed up by our ONE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY! Tech Support by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (626) 962-9300 available during normal business hours Monday through Friday, PST. From setup to any questions you may have, tech support is available free of charge for as long as your company owns the CNC MAX.
The CNC MAX and all other products that CNC Masters sells will be backed by our one year limited warranty, which covers defects in electronic components, materials, and workmanship.
Contact Us for any questions you may have.
For tech support, we can be reached at (626) 962-9300 during working hours PST, or email us: email@example.com. Tech Support by email or phone will ensure you a step-by-step trouble-shooting process to solve your tech issues. Please see our Terms & Conditions of Sale before placing an order.